The Student Room Group

Preferred Board to retake A-levels?

Hi guys,

Am currently taking a year out from University and was hoping to re-do Chemistry, Biology and maybe physics.

Was wondering if any students studying medicine have retaken there A-levels and which boards they chose?

Personally leaning towards AQA but just wanted some views on those that have already retaken them and which boards they chose and why.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think ocr are best for sciences. Aqa marked 3 out of the 4 papers I sat with them more than a grade out this year. I think generally ocr give a fair paper from the experience I have with them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by B_786
Hi guys,

Am currently taking a year out from University and was hoping to re-do Chemistry, Biology and maybe physics.

Was wondering if any students studying medicine have retaken there A-levels and which boards they chose?

Personally leaning towards AQA but just wanted some views on those that have already retaken them and which boards they chose and why.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I chose to do AQA for sciences as the syllabuses looked most straight-forward. I was proved right; they were nice courses & concept based which made them easier to learn & the papers more straight-forward. The practical exams were easier to get high marks in as well than the coursework for other boards (at least I thought so).

OCR chemistry & physics are context-based which is interesting, but makes studying the actual underpinning scientific facts more time-consuming and the papers more complicated. OCR Salters in particular is a nightmare. (I tried to start OCR and switched to AQA).

I have no knowledge of the Edexcel science syllabuses, so I can't comment.

AQA all the way for me!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending