The Student Room Group

Interruption of studies and student Finance

PLEASE HELP ME!

I had an interruption of studies (due to familial issues) from my final term of first year to part of what would have been my second year. I did not inform student finance as I intended to go back each month-term, but the issues did not resolve itself in time.

I resumed studies in January and have now completed my first year. I will be starting my 2nd year in September, However, I was still receiving funding whilst I was out of attendance, so when I resumed studies I didn't receive anything, understandable. I had made an application for my second year and they made a couple of payments. In this time no payments to the University were made for tuition fees as I was not in attendance, but I would have been entitled to it had I been in attendance.

I recently received a revised entitlement letter stating that I am not entitled to anything, Loans, grant, tuition fees for my second year, is this because it refers to me being out of attendance? Would my old entitlement be resumed now that I have gone back? Will I have to make a new application even though I have received partial personal funding ? It's all confusing! I fear they may not pay for my tuition fees for my second year now.

Any advice on how to approach this matter would be much appreciated.
Reply 1
Try phoning Student Finance England.
At a guess they'll want evidence of 'Compelling personal reasons' for interrupting your studies. I can't see why you shouldn't be eligible for the normal (length of the course + 1 year) entitlement!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending