The Student Room Group

Sfe related question

I'm applying for CPR and would like to know if I can apply for it.
So I did one year at this uni, couldn't manage I suspended my studies there but it was towards the end of the course so I don't know if it counts. Then doing 3 years one with interruption when I went back I couldn't keep up, experienced psychosis. I am planning to go back would I be eligible for funding under CPR? I have a bad history of mental health issues but that year was the first time it escalated to that point.
Can anyone help me with this question?
Original post by throw-away11
I'm applying for CPR and would like to know if I can apply for it.
So I did one year at this uni, couldn't manage I suspended my studies there but it was towards the end of the course so I don't know if it counts. Then doing 3 years one with interruption when I went back I couldn't keep up, experienced psychosis. I am planning to go back would I be eligible for funding under CPR? I have a bad history of mental health issues but that year was the first time it escalated to that point.
Can anyone help me with this question?

Hi there,

We can't confirm if CPR evidence will be accepted as you would need to provide the evidence and the team would review this and confirm if it's been accepted or not.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Can you please tell me what the max amount of years is ? For example; student did 1 year at uni A, interrupted, then did three years at uni B, but last year was suspended, then did another year (this was the affected year) and couldn't manage to interrupt due to being too unwell, and still wants to go back to uni would that be a case where CPR can be filed for?
Can you please tell me what the max amount of years is ? For example; student did 1 year at uni A, interrupted, then did three years at uni B, but last year was suspended, then did another year (this was the affected year) and couldn't manage to interrupt due to being too unwell, and still wants to go back to uni would that be a case where CPR can be filed for?

Hi there,

If you have not been able to study or progress on your course in 3 different years then you can apply for 3 separate Compelling Personal Reasons but we would need the evidence to show us that you could not continue in these years. If you could not complete your course year due to a compelling personal reason, you may be able to receive an additional year of funding if you provide evidence of this. This evidence can be uploaded from your Online Account.
We can accept photocopies of the following;
-Medical evidence from a GP on headed paper
-Letter from HEP on headed paper
-Letter from Social Services on headed paper
-Letter from clergy or professional person on headed paper
-Death Certificate and/or a Birth Certificate
Where applicable, we recommend evidence;
-Is signed and dated
-Confirms the reason why you could not continue with your studies and
- When this took place
Reply 4
thank you
thank you

You're welcome. Any further questions then do let us know. Thanks, SFE
Reply 6
Original post by SFE Jason
You're welcome. Any further questions then do let us know. Thanks, SFE

What kind of funding do you get on a gift year?
Because I got maintenance loan during may and I don't understand why I got this...
Explaining my situation again, I did one year at uni A then three at uni B, interrupted third year, then went back to repeat third year unfortunately that didn't go well for me, but during the repeat of third year I got maintenance loan randomly around may and not tuition loan (which in guessing i can only get through CPR), why did I get the maintenance loan however?
What kind of funding do you get on a gift year?
Because I got maintenance loan during may and I don't understand why I got this...
Explaining my situation again, I did one year at uni A then three at uni B, interrupted third year, then went back to repeat third year unfortunately that didn't go well for me, but during the repeat of third year I got maintenance loan randomly around may and not tuition loan (which in guessing i can only get through CPR), why did I get the maintenance loan however?

HI there,

Every student is entitled to funding for the length of their course plus one additional year, minus any previous study. This means if you have used up all your years of finance, you won't get Tuition Fees but you should still be eligible for Maintenance Loan and Supplementary Grants if applicable.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 8
Original post by Claire SFE
HI there,

Every student is entitled to funding for the length of their course plus one additional year, minus any previous study. This means if you have used up all your years of finance, you won't get Tuition Fees but you should still be eligible for Maintenance Loan and Supplementary Grants if applicable.

Thanks,
Claire

Okay thank you.
Okay thank you.

You're welcome. Any further questions just let us know. Thanks, Ross

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending