The Student Room Group

Interruption of study

I am a part time PhD student, coming to the end of my second year. I had my last doctoral loan payment early June.
If I was to interrupt my studies from mid June to mid September due to illness, would I be liable to pay back some or all of the student finance I received?
Or, when I register for my third year to start at the end of september would my payments for the next academic year be decreased?
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by Underdoctor
I am a part time PhD student, coming to the end of my second year. I had my last doctoral loan payment early June.
If I was to interrupt my studies from mid June to mid September due to illness, would I be liable to pay back some or all of the student finance I received?
Or, when I register for my third year to start at the end of September would my payments for the next academic year be decreased?

Hi there,

If you're suspending from your course, we require the university to send us an electronic change of circumstances to confirm this. You won't have an overpayment as you have received your last payment. Once you return to your course the university need to send us a resumption change of circumstances to confirm this, and your payments will commence again.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,

If you're suspending from your course, we require the university to send us an electronic change of circumstances to confirm this. You won't have an overpayment as you have received your last payment. Once you return to your course the university need to send us a resumption change of circumstances to confirm this, and your payments will commence again.

Thanks,
Claire

Thankyou

If I resume studies before the new academic year, then payments would just continue as normal?
Original post by Underdoctor
Thankyou

If I resume studies before the new academic year, then payments would just continue as normal?

Yes, the payments would continue as normal.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending