The Student Room Group

Jobs with an MSc in wildlife biology and conservation

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone knows if I could get a job as a animal technician with an MSc in wildlife biology and conservation? My undergraduate degree is unrelated but I have experience looking after reptiles and birds. Would appreciate if anyone whos done a degree in zoology/ wildlife conservation could tell me what jobs they've had, especially if its related to the degree (e.g lab technician, wildlife biologist).

Thanks guys.
Original post by Bongo Bongo

Check out the DLHE data for each degree course and see where people have moved on to. Most course websites will discuss employment options as well, ie where recent grads have gone on to work.
I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'animal technician' but you aren't going to get much practical animal handling experience on a wildlife conservation MSc. Most wildlife biologist jobs require a PhD. In my experience most people went on to ecological consultancy of one form or other or to a conservation charity or NGO. For the latter unless you already have some relevant skills be prepared to spend some time working for nothing while you build experience (unless you want to do fundraising - there are always jobs for that).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending