The Student Room Group

Does anyone else have this problem with the Student Finance website?!

When I log onto my student finance account, my payment schedule lists the amounts and dates I'll be getting my maintenance loan, and also says that it has been approved. However, the account summary page says "based on the information you have provided, you can't get student finance to help with your living costs" and that the amount I'll be getting is £0 (only the maintenance loan, the tuition fees are as expected).

Does anyone else have this problem? I've had letters with the amount I'll be paid, so wasn't expecting this. Do you think it's just an error on the website, and I'll still get the loan? I've called the student loans company several times, who had no idea what I was talking about and couldn't give me an answer.
Reply 1
You could call them tomorrow and find out what the problem is.:smile:
Reply 2
Are you on a placement year? If you are the student finance normally dont normally assist with living costs during placement years so you wont get anything . If you are not on a placement, phone them and ask them EXACTLY what it is thats made you not eligible for living cost. Tell them that your letters showing you it will be paid and ask why there have been changes to your living cost allowance

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending