The Student Room Group

Uni loans

I’m entitled to a loan that’s won’t cover my rent which has me worrying!! I’d be about 2,000 off the rent, how does this work? My parents are unable to help me I have lots of siblings they have to look after too. Is anyone else in this place? What can I do or what can I receive?
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by Princvssz
I’m entitled to a loan that’s won’t cover my rent which has me worrying!! I’d be about 2,000 off the rent, how does this work? My parents are unable to help me I have lots of siblings they have to look after too. Is anyone else in this place? What can I do or what can I receive?

If you are getting less than the maximum maintenance loan then parents are 'expected' to make up the difference. In reality, this doesn't happen for a lot of students. If your parents really can't help, your uni might have a bursary scheme you could apply to (check their website), look for job, or try to source cheaper accommodation.
Reply 2
Don't use uni accommodation and find a cheaper house share instead. There'll be loads of spare rooms in houses available.

Work over the summer and save every penny.

Find out if you're eligible for any university bursaries.

Secure a part time job during university.

Defer your place for a year, work and save money during that year so you have more for next year.

These are your only options since you can't appeal the student finance amount

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending