The Student Room Group

Is it wrong of me to lie about my age ( a bit )

I'll try and keep things brief.

I'm 18 but look alot older then my years , i've been lifting for quite a while and think I also have a more mature face.

I don't get Id'd , even in stores with the think 25 policy .

Growing up I was always a pretty ugly kid , around 17 I started lifting , taking care of my skin , changed my hairstyle quite dramatically really and I'm often told I "look different" by girls , I can only assume this means I look better . My family have told me I look much more handsome but they're family.

Anyway I never really got that much attention growing up but I've noticed girls are much more flirtatious with me now .

Girls my age and younger think i'm much older and I think this might be a turn off . One girl didn't believe me when I told her I was 18 and must have thought I was a pedo or something , which hurt :frown:

Older girls in their twenties are much more receptive , there have been times when girls have looked back at me as I passed them , flirt with lots of them on the dayjob etc

Anyway theres this really hot girl who works in my a store of sorts , i'm seeing her on Wednesday and i'm not sure if she likes me ( she seems to flirt a bit but maybe im over reading ) , but I think she's hot as hell so might drop her a compliment and ask her to call me sometime.

She looks about 22 , and i'm 18 ... But im much more mature (I know everyone says this but I honestly am ) then my age and people would always asssume i'm older . I was just thinking say I take her out for a drink and let her know my age at a later stage , I wouldn't really be lying would I ? And had she fallen for me , then hopefully my age wont make her change her mind ?
You don't have to talk about age unless it comes up, but if she asks, don't lie!
Don't lie to her because that would make matters worse.
Reply 3
don't tell her unless she asks
Don't want to be a downer, but very few 22 year old girls will want to date an 18 year old boy.
Reply 5
Original post by Mankytoes
Don't want to be a downer, but very few 22 year old girls will want to date an 18 year old boy.

I know , I think im on her wavelength if im honest and have been told I look around 23 .

My predicament seems to be quite difficult .

Young girls dont find me attractive and I don't think im the type most of them would go for , whereas I have much better luck with older girls :/ .

I suppose ill just have to wait it out .
Don't lie, you're starting off at the wrong foot. There are plenty of girls who are willing to date a younger guy (if you are mature and not childish I assume). Also, girls who are your age usually like older guys so you're really in a win-win situation. So don't lie, just own it and be confident. I think you'll appeal to a range of girls and I think you can tell also (you said they keep flirting with you) so I think its just you that's doubting yourself..
Original post by Anonymous
I know , I think im on her wavelength if im honest and have been told I look around 23 .

My predicament seems to be quite difficult .

Young girls dont find me attractive and I don't think im the type most of them would go for , whereas I have much better luck with older girls :/ .

I suppose ill just have to wait it out .

You may look 23, but from her perspective, you're at a different stage in your life. On the other hand, looking older shouldn't be a problem when trying to date girls your own age.
Loads of 18 year old guys look 4-6 years plus their age!!! No need to worry! Wish I did, I'm such a petite small girl
Plus, I would not like to date guys my age (18) I loveeeee older men like 24 etc.. They look so hot and sexy& mature! Especially those men in suits ...mmmm

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending