The Student Room Group

Personal Statement Advice

Hi TSR! (first post)

Seeking a little advice from you all.

My initial background is in creative computing - particularly digital media, in which I hold a Scottish HNC in Interactive Media. I progressed to enrol into university (Digital Media) at 2nd year entry but eventually dropped out. I've not been in education since 2012.

I'm interested now in studying Business Management/International Business Management, I have developed my skill-set in this area through my work the last two years, including a junior management role in the food & drink sector.

I'm worried about writing my personal statement though - Should I mention the fact I have a background in creative computing and mention I have been to university in the past but dropped out?? I can't add my time at university in the education section in my UCAS application, only courses I have completed - I want to show I have the ability to study at this level.

Please advise.

Thanks,

arctik
Your time at uni should be on your application, including your HND. Your referee should focus on talking about the negative things and you focus on why you want to study your course. Remember that degrees are academic however

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending