The Student Room Group

Should I move out of my city for university or stay in my home town?

Firstly, either way I will be leaving the family home and moving out into halls on my own. However, I don't know whether to stay in my city or leave. I'm hoping to study primary education and therefore will have to travel around schools in my local area regardless of where I live. This is extra pressure for me in finding my way around a new city in a new placement every week from the offset.
I am scared that I'll move cities and hate it and not be able to come home but I also want the adventure. I'm too afraid to take the total plunge and feel like moving out in my home town will give me a safety blanket. I am also afraid I'll regret not taking the plunge if I choose to stay in the same scene with the same people and places for the next three/possibly four years.

Can somebody please shed some light on their experiences? I'm very sociable but secretly very anxious.
If the university in your city is good enough for you then stay, however if the university outside of your city is more successful and helpful, then i suggest you travel to the other city. You can visit family and friends :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending