The Student Room Group

How to become a doctor, help ?

Hi i'm 15 and i need so serious information on how to become a doctor because it's what i'd love to do and can't imagine doing anything else. I feel as if i've picked the wrong subjets i've chosen modern studies, history, business, admin and i.t and then English and maths, i know to become a doctor you have to take at least one sience. I was just wondering if i could take higher human biology at college and then go on to try and become a doctor or even a nurse. Could you give me any tips on how to achieve my dreams ? please it would mean alot x
Original post by jadehenry042699
Hi i'm 15 and i need so serious information on how to become a doctor because it's what i'd love to do and can't imagine doing anything else. I feel as if i've picked the wrong subjets i've chosen modern studies, history, business, admin and i.t and then English and maths, i know to become a doctor you have to take at least one sience. I was just wondering if i could take higher human biology at college and then go on to try and become a doctor or even a nurse. Could you give me any tips on how to achieve my dreams ? please it would mean alot x

Yes you have chosen the wrong subjects, you really need a minimum of 2 Sciences- Chemistry is compulsory, most applicants take Biology but some take Physics instead. You need at least AAA to get in except for foundation years and most successful applicants have top GCSE grades- we are talking mostly A*'s. You also need to take the UKCAT/BMAT. I suggest you look at the websites of universities offering medicine.
Could i possibly take up biology and chemistry at university ?
Reply 3

How are you going to do medicine if you do Biology and Chemistry at university? Unless your willing to spend a ridiculous amount of years doing them all.

Are these GCSE or A level choices? If they're A levels then why are you doing 6, and you mention doing "higher human biology at college" - do you mean university? If they're A levels, then I'd say do at least Biology and Chemistry.

Not at the same time as a medicine degree no. And you wouldn't be accepted onto the degree without Chemistry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending