The Student Room Group

Should I change driving instructor?

I've been driving since June and I've passed my theory almost three months ago.I would say by now I'm reasonably confident at driving however I am having issues with my driving instructor. I've had 15 lessons and I feel I'm not making any progress. We've only done one manoeuvre properly and we only started reversing around a corner last week! I have my own car to practice in but I feel like this will only get me so far. Every time the instructor explains things to me I feel like it's not clear and he can be quite rude and I find it difficult to relax during lessons. People who started driving in July w/different instructors have already sat their tests and at this rate I'll not be able to do mine this year! I'm getting increasingly frustrated and demoralised but idk if I should stick it out or now b/c I've another five lessons paid for
Reply 1
If you feel like you are ready for test just book it, because anyway the waiting list is long! Tell him you have your test day and want to work for the test.
But I would suggest if you feel you have no progress, you don't have to pay person that doesn't care....
My first instructor was the same as yours no progress at all. On the first few hours i drove only on fist gear ( how stupid is that?!?!) and he didn't teach me on blind spots etc. I booked test and he let me down 4 days before and stopped picking up his phone... So I just waisted good amount of money with him. After I found very good one and passed with him....
Don't waist money and time if you don't feel you don't learn!

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending