The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NainaK98
Ooh, I'd never seen that before. Yes, it seems it does, as long as you're a qualified dentist beforehand :smile: king's is my number one at the moment

Yeah Kings seems to be my top choice followed by Dundee or Glasgow :P
Original post by dbeith
Yeah Kings seems to be my top choice followed by Dundee or Glasgow :P

Hmm. You must live a bit more up north than I do. Scotland is a bit too far for me :smile:
Hmm. You must live a bit more up north than I do. Scotland is a bit too far for me :smile:

North West :P
Original post by dbeith
North West :P

Ah! Midlands :P I think the London unis are most highly rated for dentistry though, or not?
Ah! Midlands :P I think the London unis are most highly rated for dentistry though, or not?

yeah i think so however dundee is very good and only AAB
I only got 2 A*s 6As and 2Bs at GCSE. Do I even have a chance of getting an offer from an unis??
Im probably the only person here who has the worst chance of getting in
My gcse are 1A 4B 3C 1D in french. Im praying my alevels and good ukcat score will pull me through. A guy in my school a year ago got into dentistry with same situation as me

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
2015 applicant here!

Currently holding offers at Leeds and Plymouth (interviews at Manchester and Bart's - yet to hear back), I only got 1A* at GSCE rest were A's and B's so it is possible guys! I wasn't even gonna apply because of my GCSE grades, but I worked my ass off for my AS levels so make sure you try hard this year!

If anyone needs any help feel free to PM me or reply to this :smile:
Original post by ToolsOfTheTrade
2015 applicant here!

Currently holding offers at Leeds and Plymouth (interviews at Manchester and Bart's - yet to hear back), I only got 1A* at GSCE rest were A's and B's so it is possible guys! I wasn't even gonna apply because of my GCSE grades, but I worked my ass off for my AS levels so make sure you try hard this year!

Thats amazing well done! Do u mind me asking what your stats are? ANd any tips for revision struggling with chemistry atm :frown:
Well done ! Its people like you that give me hope lol!
Did those unis have gcse requirements? Did u do ukcat if so what was ur score?
Original post by ToolsOfTheTrade
2015 applicant here!

Hey do you mind me asking what the rest of your gcses were

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone else feel like AS is not going to go well, however hard you try?
Does anyone else feel like AS is not going to go well, however hard you try?

Don't worry :/ even I currently feel that way; revising day in and day out but only managing to scrape D/C's in biology mocks. Chemistry is going fine just because there's so much application based work and its easier to get your head round . Economics and psychology too also seem good; but biology is literally having me at wits end. Hopefully it will get better or otherwise I'm screwed . haha
Original post by Anymorefor123
Don't worry :/ even I currently feel that way; revising day in and day out but only managing to scrape D/C's in biology mocks. Chemistry is going fine just because there's so much application based work and its easier to get your head round . Economics and psychology too also seem good; but biology is literally having me at wits end. Hopefully it will get better or otherwise I'm screwed . haha

Haha biology is the bane of my life :')
Haha biology is the bane of my life :')

The biology mark scheme is so picky, Ive only just grasped it really
Original post by dbeith
The biology mark scheme is so picky, Ive only just grasped it really

I know right. The past paper questions we've done have sometimes been so irrelevant to the spec :frown:
Reply 76
I have no chance.
1A*, 8As and 1B (In English lit.)
Original post by SashaF
I have no chance.

You've met all the gcse entry requirements then :smile:
Original post by SashaF
I have no chance.

I wouldn't say you have no chance! There's a couple of people who commented above saying they got into dentistry without relying on their GCSEs :smile:
any graduates here???
also anyone started looking at ukcat! i find it so hard and worried that I wont get a good score when it comes to the real thing

(2.1 in Biomedical Sciences btw)

Latest