The Student Room Group

Girls who go gym... Answer

What do you think of boys chatting to girls in the gym?

I go with my friend we see decent girls (obviously).

What would you do if a boy/boys came up to you and asked if you'd like to do a workout with them or generally started chatting then asked for your number etcetcetc
Reply 1
Bump
I wouldn't like it. A friendly comment or quick remark is fine but i don't go to the gym to hang out with people. I generally want to be in and out without faffing around. Depends though, I see girls getting chatted up all the time and they seem to like it. They're the ones who just sort of sit on the abductor machine flicking their hair though..
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
I wouldn't like it. A friendly comment or quick remark is fine but i don't go to the gym to hang out with people. I generally want to be in and out without faffing around. Depends though, I see girls getting chatted up all the time and they seem to like it. They're the ones who just sort of sit on the abductor machine flicking their hair though..

makes 2 of us
Personally, once I'm warmed up - I don't speak to anyone if I can help it.

I'm there to train not to chat.
I go to the gym about three times a week, but usually it's just me there :smile: I guess I'd feel flattered if you were just making conversation? But not all girls are the same, if they're with their friends they might react differently. Personally I'm always up for a quick chat, but nothing that's going to stop my workout.

As mentioned above, if you're talking about the girls who sit around the machines giggling and flicking their hair then you might have a better chance..
I try to go about 3-5 times a week and honestly, the one time someone has spoken to me, I've thought to myself "Please stop talking so I can put in my earphones and not feel like I'm dying after 5 minutes running on this damn thing." I handle going to the gym like I do writing my essays; if I'm trying to talk at the same time, it's not gonna get done efficiently, or possibly even at all.
It depends.

When I get to heavier weights, I think I'd appreciate knowing that someone was there to spot me (friends at uni don't have gym membership D: ) but yeah, that's it really. I don't go to the gym to hook up. Oh, I definitely wouldn't give out my number. Maybe if we'd spoke a few times previously but yeah... that'd creep me out.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by abbiemac
I go to the gym about three times a week, but usually it's just me there :smile: I guess I'd feel flattered if you were just making conversation? But not all girls are the same, if they're with their friends they might react differently. Personally I'm always up for a quick chat, but nothing that's going to stop my workout.

As mentioned above, if you're talking about the girls who sit around the machines giggling and flicking their hair then you might have a better chance..

5/10

Original post by EllieC130
I try to go about 3-5 times a week and honestly, the one time someone has spoken to me, I've thought to myself "Please stop talking so I can put in my earphones and not feel like I'm dying after 5 minutes running on this damn thing." I handle going to the gym like I do writing my essays; if I'm trying to talk at the same time, it's not gonna get done efficiently, or possibly even at all.

How would you react if some guy (presumably good looking) ask if you wanted to do workout together?
Original post by Alchemise
5/10

How would you react if some guy (presumably good looking) ask if you wanted to do workout together?

I actually don't know; I'd honestly be kind of torn. Put it this way- I'm incapable of mixing business with pleasure therefore I have to choose one or the other. So if I said yes, I guarantee I would do very little actual working out.
i don't think i'd mind ???? it depends i mean, if they wanted to work out with me and were good and could help me improve and challenged me i'd love it

Quick Reply

Latest