The Student Room Group

Aldi interview

So, I've never actually had a job interview before. Nor have i had a real interview before to be honest. Only interviews for further education.

The problem i have is, it's a 'telephone interview'; what does that even mean... I'm assuming it's just another filter stage to gather who they actually want to give an interview to. But i'm not the most confident speaker over the phone and i'm pretty nervous because of that. I'm thinking about just typing up a few answers to questions they're likely to ask and then use that as a guideline so i don't just freeze when they ask a question.

On the email it said 5-15 minutes so maybe its not that much of a vigorous questioning, or maybe it is? Anyone had experience with Aldi interviews or one of their telephone interviews?

Any advice and help on this will be extremely appreciated.
Original post by LoneRangerS
So, I've never actually had a job interview before. Nor have i had a real interview before to be honest. Only interviews for further education.

The problem i have is, it's a 'telephone interview'; what does that even mean... I'm assuming it's just another filter stage to gather who they actually want to give an interview to. But i'm not the most confident speaker over the phone and i'm pretty nervous because of that. I'm thinking about just typing up a few answers to questions they're likely to ask and then use that as a guideline so i don't just freeze when they ask a question.

On the email it said 5-15 minutes so maybe its not that much of a vigorous questioning, or maybe it is? Anyone had experience with Aldi interviews or one of their telephone interviews?

Any advice and help on this will be extremely appreciated.

I had an interview at aldi once. Not a telephone interview- but a face to face one. And it was at some recruitment day.
From the experience i had- you basically get asked about yourself, what you are doing (in terms of studying, employment etc), any experience you have of working in a team etc, what would you do if you had a difficult customer. Just general things like that really.
Reply 2
Original post by Emma:-)
I had an interview at aldi once. Not a telephone interview- but a face to face one. And it was at some recruitment day.
From the experience i had- you basically get asked about yourself, what you are doing (in terms of studying, employment etc), any experience you have of working in a team etc, what would you do if you had a difficult customer. Just general things like that really.

Ah right okay, i hope it is just based on those things as i won't have so much of a problem answering questions based on myself. I just won't be near as good at answering questions on the employment side of things, seen as though I've never had a job before.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending