The Student Room Group

Worries about getting results from first controlled assessment!

I am really worried about getting my results from my first english CA tomorrow. I know that I am not taking it for A - Level but it feels really important. I'm in fast track and I get my results last, ironically, but I am really worried as the average grade was a C. I really want an B and up but I keep on getting thoughts and dreams about getting a C and being disappointed, as getting a D is (hopefully) out of the picture. But yeah, any tips for not worrying as I don't want this issue again, and what grade / mark did you get.

I think I did everything I could, I analysed, compared, used quotes and everything else but I am just so worried :tongue:
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
I'm in year 10 and we just had our mocks marked on English Literature. We did Lotf and of mice of men.
Lotf I got 21/24-1 of a A*
Of mice and men- 31/40-1 off a A
But if it's the real one then I wouldn't worry because you could do it again I suppose. Or just ask your teacher beforehand if you got a good grade, if he/she smiles then it's a good grade. Consider it as a A level, English is highly recommended as its a traditional subject and they get priority in university. Could you tell me your grade and marks when you get them back? I'm quiet interested. Also use of quotations are really simple stuff, you'll have to analyse specific words for high grades

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending