The Student Room Group

Do you care about what other people think?

Hey,

Why?

Thank you :smile:
Original post by moment of truth
Hey,

Why?

Thank you :smile:

no

i only care what the people i care about think of me

others dont matter, they have no bearing on my life

:hugs:
yea
Yee. Unfortunately.
I used to care a lot about what people think of me but I've grown to realise that it's not important in a wide scale of things and shouldn't be worried about. I do in some ways choose to conform to how society views a teenager so I don't stand out (or be conpletely different) but I don't let it stop me from being my own person. :smile:
I used to a lot but now I couldn't care less, most people I meet during education years are people I'll never see again.
As a general rule, no, but there are some exceptions. If the popular consensus is that I'm bit of a ****, then there's probably some element of truth to it if loads of people all think it. However, if it's just one or two people who don't like my dress sense/appearance/sense of humour, then it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I care what my friends think of my actions, but not me as a person, if that makes sense. I particularly don't care about people's opinion on my appearance (including my friend's opinions). If I like wearing something, I'll wear it regardless of what people think.
Original post by white boy
yea

Original post by inachigeek21
Yee. Unfortunately.

Samee, need to somehow change my thinking so it doesn't affect me so much. Don't know how though.
Reply 8
Not really.
If I don't care about the person, then why I should care about what they think?
Yeah I do unfortunately and I shouldn't care so much.
Yeah I do. I have no idea I suppose it puts you down sometimes especially if they say something offensive or nasty.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
only to the extent to which it will serve my needs
The only person I try to be better than was the person I was yesterday, nah I don't take into account what other people think about me, and I try to be free from judgement on people I know nothing about. Slightly idealistic, but it makes me feel better knowing that if someone thinks ill of me it's not by anything I've said or done. Some people just don't click.
To some extent but it depends on the person.
Reply 14
Original post by Stinkum
only to the extent to which it will serve my needs

This.

Not even slightly unless approval nets me something.
Original post by cupcakes87
no

i only care what the people i care about think of me

others dont matter, they have no bearing on my life

:hugs:

to some extent everyone cares what people think about them.it is only human nature to want to be accepted.
Less and less every year.
Of course, only a compete sociopath would fail to consider the views of those around them. Being considerate and thoughtful towards others is not something to be ashamed of.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending