The Student Room Group

Camp America interview tomorrow...

I am really really really nervous! I have no idea what to expect and I am travelling quite a long way so I guess that'll completely build up my nerves too.

For people that have had an interview/knowledge for CA

What should I try and get across the most? My skills or child care experience, I don't really have a lot of either really

Also what questions are expected?
I had an inteview with Xplore Activity Camps (previously KG Adventure) a few years back for a summer job. I would say try to say how your experience with children has given you the relevant skills for the job. (So try to tie in the skills and the expereicne together!)

Some of the questions they might ask you might be things such as: if you had a difficult child how would you deal with the situation etc. I was asked to give an example of a time that I had dealt with a difficult situation and how it had made me feel. They will probably ask you to reflect on how you feel you have done with the experience that you have with children so far and what you think you can bring to Camp America i.e why they should chose you over someone else.

Sorry I couldn't answer about Camp America specifically, but I hope my answer helped!
Reply 2
Original post by bluenose_maz
I had an inteview with Xplore Activity Camps (previously KG Adventure) a few years back for a summer job. I would say try to say how your experience with children has given you the relevant skills for the job. (So try to tie in the skills and the expereicne together!)

Some of the questions they might ask you might be things such as: if you had a difficult child how would you deal with the situation etc. I was asked to give an example of a time that I had dealt with a difficult situation and how it had made me feel. They will probably ask you to reflect on how you feel you have done with the experience that you have with children so far and what you think you can bring to Camp America i.e why they should chose you over someone else.

Sorry I couldn't answer about Camp America specifically, but I hope my answer helped!

Thank you that's great!!
Reply 3
Thank you!!

I passed the interview now im awaiting getting placed, very exciting!

Quick Reply

Latest