The Student Room Group

Limited opportunity: ask MP Nicky Morgan (Secretary for Education) a question!

Scroll to see replies

How are you going to address grade inflation?

How are you going transition more people to vocational courses after Labour made a complete mess of it and sent everybody off to university. (Give me a skilled welder instead of a dozen media studies students.)
(edited 9 years ago)
Will the Department for Education clarify the A-level changes for colleges, as Tristram Hunt suggested?
Edit: Also, can you get them to bring back the examinations timetable that was on the DfE website?
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi,
Oh I am very sorry but the questions have already been submitted and Nicky Morgan is now out of the country so we are expecting the answers back on monday hopefully! However, we will be trying to do similar activity for the general election so hold onto your questions for then :smile:
Do you understand the flaw in tying income to results, as Headmasters simplify move their best teachers to worse classes and therefore worse teachers get better pay?
As a lawyer, what are your honest opinions on two things which have been the subject of universal protest and contempt in the legal profession, namely Chris Grayling being the first non-lawyer in the post of Justice Secretary and Lord Chancellor for 440 years and the cuts his department has made to legal aid which law professionals of all areas and ranks have said will restrict access to justice for those who cannot pay for it?
(edited 9 years ago)
Sure we can send around a PM if we have an event like this for the general election, it's also worth looking out for the weekly newsletter which highlights stuff like this!
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=9569-Nicky-Morgan-Q-A

Hey everyone!!!

Just got the answers back from Nicky Morgan so check out her answers to your questions in the article above! :smile:
FE Colleges are independent institutions and as such Government does not prescribe a set curriculum to them. However, the New Challenges, New Chances reform programme gave them greater freedom and flexibilities to shape their curriculum offer to meet the needs of their local areas.

Alongside that, the National Careers Service plays a role in helping individual learners find the provision they need to meet their needs.

I am so disappointed. What a terrible answer, this doesn't even come close to answering my question. She is clearly as bad as Gove. :banghead:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending