The Student Room Group

Do the apple store stock every configuration of Macbook?

I'm considering buying a 13 inch retina MacBook Pro soon, probably 512GB, and was wondering what configurations apple keep in store? I've noticed that on the apple store you can configure MacBooks to have more RAM ext, and was wondering if all these are stocked in the stores, or would I need to order one online and take it into store? I'm really not the most tech savvy person, so wouldn't be comfortable setting up a new mac and transferring all my data over from my PC, so I'd need to visit a store for s omeone to assist me, and my nearest apple store is 100 miles away so I'd like to know they have the macbook I want! Also if I decide I won't want a configured one, just the normal retina 13 inch 512GB, am I just able to walk into store, buy it and have them move all my files, or do I need to make an appointment? Thanks for your help!
Reply 1
Original post by Jess_P
I'm considering buying a 13 inch retina MacBook Pro soon, probably 512GB, and was wondering what configurations apple keep in store? I've noticed that on the apple store you can configure MacBooks to have more RAM ext, and was wondering if all these are stocked in the stores, or would I need to order one online and take it into store? I'm really not the most tech savvy person, so wouldn't be comfortable setting up a new mac and transferring all my data over from my PC, so I'd need to visit a store for s omeone to assist me, and my nearest apple store is 100 miles away so I'd like to know they have the macbook I want! Also if I decide I won't want a configured one, just the normal retina 13 inch 512GB, am I just able to walk into store, buy it and have them move all my files, or do I need to make an appointment? Thanks for your help!

Just phone them up they're sure to give you a hand.
Generally very few stores keep stock of MacBooks that have upgrades to them.
Just buy online from Apple, you'll get to pick exactly what you want and if you're buying with student discount you'll get three years extended warranty for free which you don't get in store. And from the sounds of it this will be easier for you too.
Reply 4
I remember reading that they usually have stock of the base models, as well as a few fully souped up ones (in particular, the top-end MBP with all the trimmings)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending