The Student Room Group

My Portfolio is attached, let's see yours

Here is my Sheffield portfolio, which helped me get an offer.

My cover page and index are included in my pictures file if you want to see those, I could only attach 10 images here.

It would be nice to see your portfolios.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
very nice, really like the pillar drawing on the fourth page! Well done on your offer. I'm sending off my application next week. I'm trying to show progression of ideas from conception through to a final piece for my portfolio. Do you think that could work as well as your ones which largely show finished work? As in, showing 'sketchbook' sort of work as well as final pieces
Reply 2
Original post by HarryW03
very nice, really like the pillar drawing on the fourth page! Well done on your offer. I'm sending off my application next week. I'm trying to show progression of ideas from conception through to a final piece for my portfolio. Do you think that could work as well as your ones which largely show finished work? As in, showing 'sketchbook' sort of work as well as final pieces

Thank you.
I found the main problem in trying to put my portfolio together was to show enough in the limited space (no of sheets) available. The pillar and decorative panel on the same sheet was deliberately left partly unfinished to try and show the progression of a sketch from rough outline though to fine detail, rather than taking space up with a series of separate sketches. I took the view that they want to see that you can sketch and they want to see that you have creative ability. I took up a few sheets in showing my 3D piece using various media. You need to judge what best shows your ability. Its well worth doing a contents page (see my photo album, I couldn't put more than10 images on my post) - this doesn't count as part of your 'sheets'.

Best of luck
Hi. In your portfolio, do you include some short text for each artwork to explain it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending