The Student Room Group

Seeing other applicants application material/GDPR?

So I'm applying for illustration degrees this year, and everywhere I've applied to requires you to send in a portfolio of your artwork as part of the application. For 4 of my 5 choices this has been simple and gone as expected, just sending them a PDF, but the last one has an internal portal to submit work through. When I go onto this portal it is a shared board in which I can see every applicants full name, their interview time, alongside their entire portfolios which are available to open and look through. Am I mad for thinking this might be some kind of GDPR breach??? Like this doesn't feel right to me? Even if I'm just being over the top, would I be unreasonable to reach out and ask if I can submit my work privately? Because tbh I don't want all the other applicants to be able to flick through my work and see my full name with it 😵💫 (there is no disclaimer on the portfolio request that it will be shared with other applicants btw!)
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by framsay
So I'm applying for illustration degrees this year, and everywhere I've applied to requires you to send in a portfolio of your artwork as part of the application. For 4 of my 5 choices this has been simple and gone as expected, just sending them a PDF, but the last one has an internal portal to submit work through. When I go onto this portal it is a shared board in which I can see every applicants full name, their interview time, alongside their entire portfolios which are available to open and look through. Am I mad for thinking this might be some kind of GDPR breach??? Like this doesn't feel right to me? Even if I'm just being over the top, would I be unreasonable to reach out and ask if I can submit my work privately? Because tbh I don't want all the other applicants to be able to flick through my work and see my full name with it 😵💫 (there is no disclaimer on the portfolio request that it will be shared with other applicants btw!)

What you describe in a clear GDPR breach. I suspect the uni aren't even aware that you can see the other candidate's portfolios, names, interview details etc. I suggest you let them know immediately. Hopefully they'll be able to fix it before you need to upload your portfolio.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
What you describe in a clear GDPR breach. I suspect the uni aren't even aware that you can see the other candidate's portfolios, names, interview details etc. I suggest you let them know immediately. Hopefully they'll be able to fix it before you need to upload your portfolio.

i thought as much! i will be contacting them in the morning, ty!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending