The Student Room Group

Friendzone?

1. What are some signs that you are in it?
2. How do you avoid getting in it?
3. How do you try to get out of it once you are in it?

#friendzone

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
1. What are some signs that you are in it?
2. How do you avoid getting in it?
3. How do you try to get out of it once you are in it?

#friendzone

1) she says brother, pal, calls you cute, only talks to you when she need something and a killer is when she asks for advice on guys

2) when you meet a girl, the window of opportunity is roughly 4-8 weeks. You have to initiate chemistry, flirt, ask her out, physical contact. If you don't do this within 2 months, most likely friendzoned

3) she has the key to unlock the friendzone not you so you could be waiting forever. I guess you can start by doing step 2 if you want to get out but it'll be weird...

Ofc there are cases where guys get with their long term friends but don't count on that.
If you talk to x individual and nothing apparent comes from it. I've taken the approach to ask girls straight off the bat about whether they're interested in moving things forward. My time's been wasted enough already.

Once you're in it.. just leave. Move on to the next.

I realised when I was starting uni, I had so many girls on my phone.. that were just second rate. I think they thought I was there friend. I asked every girl if they were down to give me top.. the one's who said no, I just blocked them. Makes it awkward when you see them in person but you know who's who to you.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Start by not pretending to like them as people and make it clear you just want in their pants. Works every time.
Reply 4
Original post by bittr n swt
1) she says brother, pal, calls you cute, only talks to you when she need something and a killer is when she asks for advice on guys

2) when you meet a girl, the window of opportunity is roughly 4-8 weeks. You have to initiate chemistry, flirt, ask her out, physical contact. If you don't do this within 2 months, most likely friendzoned

3) she has the key to unlock the friendzone not you so you could be waiting forever. I guess you can start by doing step 2 if you want to get out but it'll be weird...

Ofc there are cases where guys get with their long term friends but don't count on that.

This is complete *******s.
Original post by CRW1996
This is complete *******s.

No
Reply 6
1) She tends to only contact you when she needs something; she also doesn't mind doing things that put you out or piss you off
2) Make sure that she knows early on that you're interested in her. Don't "try to get to know her" before you signal interest. Signal interest, make it blatant you want her, and then get to know her. In other words, "Yeah, I wanna screw you, but now that you know that, I'm going to try and get to know you more to so whether you're worth a relationship."
Touch her, flirt with her etc., though touching her is pretty important. How can she feel secure with the idea you being actually inside her, before you've made her comfortable with you touching her arm, cheek, hip etc.?
3) Pretty damn hard; as has been said above, she holds all the keys. A good place to start would be to stop initiating contact with her, and stop doing things for her, without expecting something in return. She'll start to work harder for your attention, and that's when you can start the touching/flirting.

I find that best results are gained with girls through absolute honesty. If you see a girl you know, who you think looks pretty that day, just tell her (and combine with a cheeky touch on the hip/arm ofc :wink: )
Reply 7
Thanks all.

Mildly amused that it was assumed I am a guy from the OP.

Do girls not get friendzoned?
Reply 8
No

I know people that have been friends with their girlfriends for years before they went out with them.
Original post by CRW1996
I know people that have been friends with their girlfriends for years before they went out with them.

I know that can ****ing happen but in most cases it will not happen
If she ain't giving up that pussy, then that's when you know you've been friend-zoned. Time to get out of there and find someone else.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know that can ****ing happen but in most cases it will not happen

It happens loads. If you're in the 'friendzone' she was never interested.
The way some of you guys speak about women, it's no wonder you're in the friendzone so often.

But as has been said, don't try to befriend girls you only want to get with.
Original post by Anonynous
If you talk to x individual and nothing apparent comes from it. I've taken the approach to ask girls straight off the bat about whether they're interested in moving things forward. My time's been wasted enough already.

Once you're in it.. just leave. Move on to the next.

I realised when I was starting uni, I had so many girls on my phone.. that were just second rate. I think they thought I was there friend. I asked every girl if they were down to give me top.. the one's who said no, I just blocked them. Makes it awkward when you see them in person but you know who's who to you.

The fact that you had to write this anonynous is disgusting. Lool.
Op is female!?
Reply 15
1. If you think you are, you are.
2. Ask the other person out on a date. Up front. See what they say.
3. There is no return. Welcome to the Friendzone. There's many people here.
Reply 16
1. Over optimistic expections about someone who is evidently not up for it with you, accompanied by a lot of angst.
2. Don't go all puppy like about someone who is evidently not up for it with you.
3. Give up.
Someone either fancies you or they don't.

People fancy their crushes for months/years so this thing about it being time limited is a myth. You don't go from fancying someone to not fancying them just because they don't make a move within a certain time.

As for how to get out of it, if someone fancies you and has secretly fancied you for ages, and you make a move, then you're going to get out of it. If they don't fancy you then they will just turn you down.
Attractive guys don't get friendzoned. So be an attractive guy. Problem solved.
If you're not having sex, then the best case scenario is that you're in the friend zone. Worst case scenario: girl doesn't know you exist.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending