The Student Room Group

Would you date a Muslim?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bittr n swt
She would have to be uber amazing otherwise no.

Also my family would strongly disagree and I doubt she'll be allowed in my house as dad wouldnt be happy so tension arises

Also will her family be cool with me? Hmmm

what race are you? Why wouldn't your family agree?

To the OP, is this question just for non muslims? I personally wouldn't mind dating a non muslim.
Original post by tammie123

To the OP, is this question just for non muslims? I personally wouldn't mind dating a non muslim.

Africa American
They are Christian and after today's terrorist attacks in Paris it just reinforces the unattractiveness of Islam
Reply 42
Original post by AnonymouslyA
I'm a muslim male and I would date a non-muslim female. Would any non-Muslims date a Muslim guy who partially practices Islam (as in prays 5 times a day, fasts during Ramadan but then dates, has sex before marriage etc) ?

so you're a practicing Muslim but go after females too.

Drink?
Original post by 061194
Would you ever be concerned if a relative or even a sibling was dating a Muslim ?

Maybe if they were serious about converting for someone they were just dating, I don't know.

But Islam prohibits you from doing so? Isn't that hypocritical?
Original post by bittr n swt
She would have to be uber amazing otherwise no.

Also my family would strongly disagree and I doubt she'll be allowed in my house as dad wouldnt be happy so tension arises

Also will her family be cool with me? Hmmm

Your dad dislikes Muslims?
Reply 46

Its for everyone
I do. He's the most normal guy you could ever meet... He just grew up as a Muslim and adopts that title.
Reply 48
Original post by Anonynous
But Islam prohibits you from doing so? Isn't that hypocritical?

There are some Muslims who are less religious than other and therefore do date,some families allow dating compared with what there parents before them told
believing in gods, ghosts, fairies, unicorns on other planets and homeopathy all are dealbreakers for me
Reply 50
Original post by EtonianMagnate
believing in gods, ghosts, fairies, unicorns on other planets and homeopathy all are dealbreakers for me

Would you ever be concerned if a relative or even a sibling was dating a Muslim ?
Original post by 061194

No. Well... maybe if they were especially devout and wanted my relative to convert or follow traditions.
Reply 52
Currently dating one and its going awesome. He's not religious at all though but I always encourage him to practice it. I do not mind dating a Muslim guy as long as he respects mybeliefs and do not try to force his religion on me.
Never.
No, I wouldn't. I couldn't be with somebody religious, because our views would be too different. For someone to see the world in a completely different light to me would be too much.
Reply 55
I kind of dated a Muslim in my first year of university. Admittedly she was quite liberal. The relationship kind of faded out in the end, but we had a good laugh in our time!
Original post by iamu
so you're a practicing Muslim but go after females too.

Drink?

I don't drink, but it's a personal choice rather than a religious one.
No but I wouldn't want to date anyone who was religious, not just Muslim.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
Practicing one or not?
Reply 59
Most people who say they would or have in the past would have been with a muslim who isn't that practicing or is more liberal. It is haraam to in Islam, a girl isn't supposed to be on a date with a man without a male relative close by, or atleast should be in public as far I'm aware.

To my point above, I thought it was haraam in your religion to , no?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending