The Student Room Group

Is this job a scam?

Today I was walking out from college with my mates and we saw a man who asked us if we were looking for a job. Many of us are so we said yes. He offered us from what I understood a door to door salesman job providing people with quotations. He asked us to write our names and numbers if we were interested which a few of my mates did. He said he will call us back for an interview. He also offered a salary of 80 pounds a day which sounds too good to be true. I presume this is a scam. What do you guys think? Have you come across something like this before?
I saw a poster recently saying that you will get paid for delivering catalogues for a similar amount of money.

The catch? You don't just deliver catalogues but you need to sell stuff too and you only earn commission. Always read the small print, if there is any.
it probably wont be a scam, it's just that £80 a day is what you CAN earn if you're good at it, which you may or may not be

those sorts of jobs aren't popular so they often try and employ people in this way... some people earn a lot of money doing it and some earn nothing at all

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending