The Student Room Group

She messaged me out of the blue, then doesn't reply to me?

I'll keep it short as I don't want to go on and on, but if you need further details, then please ask:

-Girl is over on a gap year from France, with plans to stay for another year.
-Liked this girl, briefly dated her (2 dates), she liked me.
-Stop dating (in March) as her plans for 2nd year fall through. She still seems to like me, but doesn't want an LDR.
-Moves back to France in June
-No contact with her since then, besides a few social media likes and comments.
-I really wanted to message her, but never did because I was still hurting.

Now:
She then messaged me out of the blue on Friday evening, saying she was thinking of me and asked after me. Asked me what I was doing, did I have a good Xmas, etc.
I reply to her questions, ask after her.
3 days later, no reply.

Just don't know why she would message me after all that time, and then not reply to me. Just don't get it tbh.
It could be that she is just very busy, or she's feeling the same as you are... I'm guessing she must miss you enough to see how you're doing but she might just find it difficult to pursue the conversation because she's missing you too? ?
I dont know but she clearly does care still!
I believe she may be busy, and wants to keep in contact with you because she may see you two being together in the future.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
x

Loooooooooooooool @ these girls saying she's busy hahahaha

Duude, she messaged you out of the blue so it means she was clearly thinking about you... So why would she suddenly take so long to reply after waiting so long to talk?

She probably thought "**** it, what am I doing right now?" And decided she made a mistake messaging you in the first place. Tough luck, sonny.

She's just a girl, you'll get another.
You're making a big deal out of this man. She's not interested, just forget about it. There are other women out there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by girl_on_the_moon
I believe she may be busy, and wants to keep in contact with you because she may see you two being together in the future.

Posted from TSR Mobile

As much as I'd like that to be true, that would be dream world for both of us.
She's now on a 3/4 year uni course in France.
Reply 6
Original post by Zangoose
Loooooooooooooool @ these girls saying she's busy hahahaha

Duude, she messaged you out of the blue so it means she was clearly thinking about you... So why would she suddenly take so long to reply after waiting so long to talk?

She probably thought "**** it, what am I doing right now?" And decided she made a mistake messaging you in the first place. Tough luck, sonny.

She's just a girl, you'll get another.

Yeah that seems more likely scenario tbh. Probably regrets contacting me.

Nearly a year later, nothing yet...!!
Reply 7
Original post by Illegal Algebra
You're making a big deal out of this man. She's not interested, just forget about it. There are other women out there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Then why message me out of the blue saying she's thinking of me, and asking how iam?

Your right about forgetting and moving on, but I'm not sure that she's not interested.
Some people like to purposely late reply so they seem busy and not desperate

Posted from TSR Mobile
No skin off your nose really. Why should you place so much emotion over this? She replies, good. She doesn't, just forget about it.
Bump :smile:
Any other opinions before I go to bed? :smile:
She was probably just horny at the time and wanted someone to talk to that she felt a sexual connection to. You just answering normally didn't do it for her and now she does not view you as competent as a man.
She was probably just horny at the time and wanted someone to talk to that she felt a sexual connection to. You just answering normally didn't do it for her and now she does not view you as competent as a man.

Yeah, no.
Could be her way of closure? Like a final message? Seeing what Id say, or baiting me to reply?
Since it's been a while of no much connection and you haven't spoken or bothered to text her over the months, she just got curious of your whereabouts and how you're keeping in turn which she decided to text you. After getting your reply, she could be hurt about it that you're doing good and misses you OR simply was a formal way of reconnection/showing that she cares. Don't bother wasting your time worrying about it and just LET IT BE. Relax. Plenty out there. Don't let your mind control you.
Reply 16
Just leave like before and see if she is messaging again atleast out of the blue.

If she does ask her what was wrong

I guess she is worrying that she cannot meet you as she's gonna settle where she lives in. She is shy and feels worried to tell you as she thinks it might hurt you.
Original post by Sena5
Just leave like before and see if she is messaging again atleast out of the blue.

If she does ask her what was wrong

I guess she is worrying that she cannot meet you as she's gonna settle where she lives in. She is shy and feels worried to tell you as she thinks it might hurt you.

I don't know whether to just message her and say 'I miss you'...but I guess that would be a big no-no?...
Reply 18
I don't know whether to just message her and say 'I miss you'...but I guess that would be a big no-no?...

Just follow her without her knowledge and see how she is. If she looks worried, you can send the "i miss you: message. Otherwise you'll have to just leave it if you find her just normal talking happily and like she is not talking about you or thinking about you (you can identify that through her reactions)
Considering you said you cba to message her I don't get how you can be so butthurt.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending