The Student Room Group

What did YOU get awarded with your DSA?

This is not a bragging thread or a bashing thread. I have recebtly beed dx with dyslexia, DCD with a few other bits. I have ideas about what would help but Im not sure if what is and isnt allowed. If some of you would be willing to share your experiences, I would experiences.

Thanks for your help
Reply 1
Anyone?
I have depression and anxiety which makes it very difficult to focus or even attend class if I'm having a very bad period. Ive been awarded a laptop and a Samson microphone so I can record lectures, plus a printer/scanner. I also got accessories like a case for the laptop, software, headphones etc. oh and a live scribe pen which seems scarily high tech.

those are the main things I can list off the top of my head since I don't have my award notice to hand, my items are being delivered on Tuesday I can't wait

Posted from TSR Mobile
Laptop, couple pieces of software, note taker, voice recorder, printer, scanner, book, coloured paper and ink allowance.
Reply 4
Original post by aed1978
This is not a bragging thread or a bashing thread. I have recebtly beed dx with dyslexia, DCD with a few other bits. I have ideas about what would help but Im not sure if what is and isnt allowed. If some of you would be willing to share your experiences, I would experiences.

Thanks for your help

Bear in mind that the DSA regulations change regularly. If you are applying for DSA for a course starting in 2015 then you are likely to see a big difference in what is recommended.
Original post by NJones
Bear in mind that the DSA regulations change regularly. If you are applying for DSA for a course starting in 2015 then you are likely to see a big difference in what is recommended.

Recommendations have been cut quite drastically regardless of the opposition.

There was numerous things that I really do require yet DSA do not allow me to have, had it been on my recommendation list from when I initially applied, I would have had it.

Both me and my needs assessor decided it would be best if we wait till my condition got worse over time (inevitable) before recommending, however if it wasn't in writing at the time they really don't care, anything to get out of paying for something that I truly require to function...

Thankfully the universities do play their part in helping when DSA refuse on truly "no we are saving money" attitudes.

Quite infuriating really :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Laptop with Microsoft office
Contego Comfort
Olympus Dictaphone

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending