The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff University 2015 Accommodation Choices!!

Scroll to see replies

Anyone in University Hall house C (Coachmans)? I'm in flat 6 2nd floor :smile:
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 261
Original post by Alex_Dockerill
any one going to colum or will i be alone

im in house57, column road!
I have been allocated Talybont North but I'm looking to swap with someone so that i can be closer to the main building. If anyone's interested in a swap let me know.
Reply 263
Original post by SambitP
Hi is there anyone in the Colum Road student houses?

yes I'm house 57!!
Original post by furgoneta
I have been allocated Talybont North but I'm looking to swap with someone so that i can be closer to the main building. If anyone's interested in a swap let me know.

There's someone on the cardiff university freshers 2015-2016 page who has a place in Senghennydd court that wants to swap with someone on taly North/south, give them a shout

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've been given a room in Senghennydd Court which is close to the main building and I'm willing to swap if you're interested.
Could you please tell me a little bit about you flat? Like is it all girls? Self catered? Price? Thank you.
Original post by Pengellyn
I know that halls are generally the done thing, but I ended up in the Student housing (Village) last year, and I would urge any of you not to dismiss it. It's the cheapest, living in a house is absoloutly lovely, plus the location was amazing, I was right outside the SU (And noise wasn't a problem), the train station just across the road and within five minutes walk of town or any of the uni buildings. I am so glad I chose it (Originally because it was cheapest) and don't regret not going into halls at all. It's probably not the best if you're doing medicine or such courses due to it being far from the Heath campus, but for any others (In our house we had everything from Engineering to History) it was the best.

Hi, I am glad someone talked about student house ( village) , otherwise all i was hearing about was the halls. I was so sure that I am really going to end up in a bad one. thanks a lot. I have been allocated to Ruthin gardens and yet to meet my flatmates . I have heard that the houses do not have wifi connections,is it true?
Original post by Kaveri Varma
Hi, I am glad someone talked about student house ( village) , otherwise all i was hearing about was the halls. I was so sure that I am really going to end up in a bad one. thanks a lot. I have been allocated to Ruthin gardens and yet to meet my flatmates . I have heard that the houses do not have wifi connections,is it true?

Yeah, I was keen to try and promote them as I was in your situation last year where nobody could tell me about the houses! Annoyingly they do not have wifi, but if you organise with your housemates it can be got quite cheaply between you, if your house has 8 people like mine it is less than £5 per month each, plus if you're in Ruthin Gardens (I was in No. 23) you are literally less than 100m from the Students Union where there are comfy seats and free wifi.
It is certainly worth trawling the facebook pages to try and find some of your new housemates, though it's not as well organised as the halls sadly, but I really adored my house last year.
If you have any other questions about the Student village or about Cardiff or freshers year in general please feel very welcome to send me a message!
Original post by Pengellyn
Yeah, I was keen to try and promote them as I was in your situation last year where nobody could tell me about the houses! Annoyingly they do not have wifi, but if you organise with your housemates it can be got quite cheaply between you, if your house has 8 people like mine it is less than £5 per month each, plus if you're in Ruthin Gardens (I was in No. 23) you are literally less than 100m from the Students Union where there are comfy seats and free wifi.
It is certainly worth trawling the facebook pages to try and find some of your new housemates, though it's not as well organised as the halls sadly, but I really adored my house last year.
If you have any other questions about the Student village or about Cardiff or freshers year in general please feel very welcome to send me a message!

I am in 20, Ruthin gardens. how many students live together ? and what all facilities are provided?
Original post by Kaveri Varma
I am in 20, Ruthin gardens. how many students live together ? and what all facilities are provided?

In my house there were 8, which I think is probably the maximum, it may be anywhere between 5-8.

You'll have a shared kitchen with a table and chairs, its really the only social area you have but it's large enough, shared fridge and freezer, cookers and microwave and sink and plenty of cupboard space.
There's shared bathrooms, if it's the same as mine one on the ground and one on the first floor. Shared areas will be cleaned once a week and bedrooms you'll have to clean yourself.

You may also have an outside garden space, it's not exactly pretty but it's quite nice to have!
Original post by grace167
Its in house H, self catered, it's £3,598 in total and its isnt an all girls building!

Yes i know the building isn't all girls but i was wanting a same gender flat. . .
You know, how they let you chose preferences like same genderor mixed?
(edited 8 years ago)
Talybont Court. House 1 Second Floor, Flat 2C Anyone??
Is there any way I can call up Cardiff and change residence?? I'm only allowed at a girls residence but have been allocated at a different residence
Yes i know the building isn't all girls but i was wanting a same gender flat. . .
You know, how they let you chose preferences like same genderor mixed?

I need a same gender flat to otherwise I can't go to Cardiff
Reply 275
Original post by Experial
I need a same gender flat to otherwise I can't go to Cardiff

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why?

I don't think they allow changes, I've tried. Maybe they'll take into account your circumstances though.
Anyone in Taybont North House T flat 6?
Original post by cacra
Posted from TSR Mobile
Why?

I don't think they allow changes, I've tried. Maybe they'll take into account your circumstances though.

Parents/religious reasons. My parents aren't keen on me moving in the first place. This as an addition will only piss them off more :colonhash: I've emailed them. Trying to call but the lines busy.
Does anyone know if the Talybont Court rooms have double or single beds? And what sort of kitchen equiptments do they provide?
Original post by Natalierm2707
I have finally been allocated!!

Talybont court, ground floor flat 0R, room 6! (this is the show flat! had a call from the uni telling me this!)

Are you in house three? if so, we are flatmates woop!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending