The Student Room Group

I wear the hijab and everyone on the tube stares at me :/

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LTG
No, I am genuinely worried for your safety.

Please stay safe sister.

thank you but why would you be so worried?
guys i was so confident on the commute back from uni today :biggrin: the paranoia IS OUT!!!!!!!!!!
I don't think anyone living in London cares. Even I don't. You're just being paranoid, that's all. :smile:
Especially when it comes to public transport, Londoners are famous for looking into your souls rudely.
Original post by Alsklinq
I don't think anyone living in London cares. Even I don't. You're just being paranoid, that's all. :smile:
Especially when it comes to public transport, Londoners are famous for looking into your souls rudely.

hahaha yeah i was just paranoid :biggrin: i took everyones advice and i was alot more confident on the commute home.

btw why do they look so rude?
Original post by prettyGirl101
hahaha yeah i was just paranoid :biggrin: i took everyones advice and i was alot more confident on the commute home.

btw why do they look so rude?

That's good! Hope your confidence stays with you :smile:
No idea why Londoners look so rude in general, I guess its just a way to avoid any interactions haha:tongue:
Original post by prettyGirl101
I live in london and everytime im on the tube to work/school (in the mornings and evenings when i leave), I feel like the people on the train (who are mostly white) stare at me and even feel like maybe they think i'm a threat to them :/ idk if im being paranoid but do other muslim girls (who wear hijab) feel like this?
I guess i just feel uneasy and the odd one out. I live in a multi-cultural area so as soon as im in my local area, i feel automatically at ease

I dont think you are paranoid. Wearing a hijab makes you a target, just like wearing Jedi robes or a bikini.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by GodAtum
I dont think you are paranoid. Wearing a hijab makes you a target, just like wearing Jedi robes or a bikini.

I cant even believe youre comparing jedi ropes and bikinjs to a hijab :eek:

Quick Reply

Latest