The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Are there Indian students in Nottingham?

Scroll to see replies

Sorry, surely uni is a chance to get to know all cultures not just stick with your own. I am a little uncomfortable with this thread. What if someone wanted to know the best halls for white British....

The thread would be taken down immediately!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 61
Original post by conroy26
i'm not Indian, however i am thinking about playing cricket at notts. it's been a couple of years since I've played but would love to pick it up again
also, I'm on the same course as you! :five:

You're the first one doing the same course I've found on here :P
Good to see another cricket guy. Looking forward to seeing you there! :biggrin:

-Tushar
Reply 62
Original post by handcream
Sorry, surely uni is a chance to get to know all cultures not just stick with your own. I am a little uncomfortable with this thread. What if someone wanted to know the best halls for white British....

No it isn't meant to be racist! Its only because people like him coming from like halfway across the world would probably feel more home sickness compared to a home/EU student :smile:
I see your point though but he's an international student. If you'd, say be going to Japan to study wouldn't you be keen to find a couple of British people to be friends with?
Hey is anyone from delhi going to Nottingham?
Reply 64
Original post by singhalgautam22

I have family from delhi
Reply 65
Original post by singhalgautam22

I'm from Mohali, Punjab but hey I've been to Delhi lots of times :awesome:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by handcream

he's not being racist, he's an international student so obviously going to want to know if there are other people from his country going to the same university so he doesn't feel like an outcast when he comes here.
I know if i went abroad to uni i'd want to know if there are any other brits there too as its easier to befriend and connect with people from your own country first before making friends with others.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 67
Is everyone coming to the international welcome programme :awesome: on the 17th and 18th?

I've booked mine.
Make sure to book yours by Friday! They provide free accommodation for those two days too :smile:

https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/studywithus/international-applicants/application-process/offerholders/preparation-arrival/welcome-programme.aspx
Reply 68
Is everyone here in Nottingham :biggrin: ?

I'll be going to the welcome programme tomorrow hope to see some of you! :awesome:

PS: PM me for contact info :smile:
Reply 69
Original post by QueNNch
Is everyone here in Nottingham :biggrin: ?

I'll be going to the welcome programme tomorrow hope to see some of you! :awesome:

PS: PM me for contact info :smile:

Im coming sunday
Reply 70
Original post by dahl786
Im coming sunday

How has it been? Joining the cricket society :biggrin: ?
Reply 71
Original post by QueNNch
How has it been? Joining the cricket society :biggrin: ?

Im joining the cricket team not society
I dont play for fun, i play to win
can anyone help me. Catered halls or self catered, which ones are the best for indian students who wouldnt probably go back during winters
Reply 73
Well it depends whether you want to cook for yourself or have meals provided. It's not really anything to do with being Indian!,

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending