The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Has anyone applied for International Hospitality and Tourism Management?

Hi! I am hoping to study International Hospitality and Tourism Management in University of Surrey starting in September! Has anyone else applied for this course?
Original post by Rose96_
Hi! I am hoping to study International Hospitality and Tourism Management in University of Surrey starting in September! Has anyone else applied for this course?

I am doing International Tourism Management, but not hospitality!
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 2
Original post by Flight_97
I am doing International Tourism Management, but not hospitality!

We will still be in the same building! Have you been to the applicant day ?
Original post by Rose96_
We will still be in the same building! Have you been to the applicant day ?

Hey, that's great, well done on getting an offer! I haven't been to the university yet, I was quite a late application and only got my offer around 3-weeks ago or so! I'm really excited about moving there in September!!! :colondollar:
I am!!! And you're the first person I've seen that's also thinking about studying the course! I'm so excited to start in september, it looks great :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by SophieStanbridge
I am!!! And you're the first person I've seen that's also thinking about studying the course! I'm so excited to start in september, it looks great :smile:

Words of advice from someone who's going into second year on the IHTM program, read read read! Honestly, there's 3 exams in the first year and a lot of coursework, it's so very easy to get the top marks in the first year if you apply all the different theories and concepts you learn into your work. Exams need a fair amount of revision but luckily the workload in first year isn't too bad for business courses like IHTM, it's just you gotta make sure to read and make good/wider notes! First year was hands down the best year of my life so far, enjoy :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by leggett9
Words of advice from someone who's going into second year on the IHTM program, read read read! Honestly, there's 3 exams in the first year and a lot of coursework, it's so very easy to get the top marks in the first year if you apply all the different theories and concepts you learn into your work. Exams need a fair amount of revision but luckily the workload in first year isn't too bad for business courses like IHTM, it's just you gotta make sure to read and make good/wider notes! First year was hands down the best year of my life so far, enjoy :biggrin:

That sounds like a lot of work!! I'm kind of worried now :redface: I haven't studied Travel and Tourism in college either, do you think I will struggle? Are there people like me that hasn't done travel and tourism before?
Reply 7
I want get in to Surrey aswell, i want to study international hospitality management and the course looks amazing at Surrey!
I'm currently waiting on my AS level grades (which are out in 2 days:s-smilie:). I'm quit nervous about not getting the grades to apply.
What grades did anyone else taking the course get to apply to Surrey?
Reply 8
Original post by Shalinaa_
I want get in to Surrey aswell, i want to study international hospitality management and the course looks amazing at Surrey!
I'm currently waiting on my AS level grades (which are out in 2 days:s-smilie:). I'm quit nervous about not getting the grades to apply.
What grades did anyone else taking the course get to apply to Surrey?

I have an unconditional offer to study international hospitality and tourism management, my grades are A* A* B, good luck on results day! I hope you get the grades you need
Reply 9
Original post by Rose96_
That sounds like a lot of work!! I'm kind of worried now :redface: I haven't studied Travel and Tourism in college either, do you think I will struggle? Are there people like me that hasn't done travel and tourism before?

Some people will have a slight advantage if they've done GCSE/A-Level business or tourism (or both!) because they'll know a lot of terminology. But the introductory modules in the first semester will get you up to speed with them pretty quick!
Hi I am hopefully going to study Tourism Management not hospitality. I really hope I get the grades to get in and I studied T&t at A level hoping to get A* in it! I loved the course it was so much fun and Surrey looks the best for it hands down! My insurance choice is Sheffield Hallam.
Original post by leggett9

Hi there, are you in your last year of the degree? Have you enjoyed the journey so far? Is it a good uni and worth degree?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending