The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Gonville and Caius College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nathhsu2326
haha wud be great if we got all TSR ppl who have interviews on 6th/7th etc to meetup and chill be4/between/after interviews :biggrin:

agreed :smile: well, between interviews id be freaking out lol!!
what time's ur interview? mine's REALLY early (lol my first is at 9:00!!)
btw what u applying to do? im going for medicine
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by ashraf_mahfuz
just got the invitation for interview :biggrin:!!!
interview's on the 13th and the admissions test is on the 14th :biggrin:

Edit: subject is Economics

awesome. i am applying for economics too. and i ll be there on the 14th too. cant wait for the test lol.
how many interviews have u got?
Original post by Bubbles2010
agreed :smile: well, between interviews id be freaking out lol!!
what time's ur interview? mine's REALLY early (lol my first is at 9:00!!)
btw what u applying to do? im going for medicine

Law at 12 and 2, then tes tat liek 4:30 or 5:30
Original post by germangirl10
awesome. i am applying for economics too. and i ll be there on the 14th too. cant wait for the test lol.
how many interviews have u got?

hehe that's great!! See you on the 14th.

I have two interviews on 13th December, and the test is on the 14th. What about you?
Reply 904
I 'm applying for economics and have a written test on 13th and two interviews on 14th :biggrin:
btw, I got a sample admission test as well. Is that there would be 2 written tests: one similar to the sample and one is the TSA test :frown:
Original post by kamikazi
I 'm applying for economics and have a written test on 13th and two interviews on 14th :biggrin:
btw, I got a sample admission test as well. Is that there would be 2 written tests: one similar to the sample and one is the TSA test :frown:

u sure there would be a TSA test?! they did not mention anything about a TSA exam in my letter. btw, congrats!! :P ... hope to see u in between the interviews.... and did u ask for accommodation on the 13th?
hehe that's great!! See you on the 14th.

I have two interviews on 13th December, and the test is on the 14th. What about you?

cool. i have got both the two interviews and the test on the 14th. Are u staying at the college, too?
Reply 907
u sure there would be a TSA test?! they did not mention anything about a TSA exam in my letter. btw, congrats!! :P ... hope to see u in between the interviews.... and did u ask for accommodation on the 13th?

Oops, it seems they just updated the written test for this year, no TSA for Caius :P
Yep, I ask for accommodation on the 12th and 13th as I will have written test on the 12th, 13.30 pm :frown: Hope to see you too :biggrin:
Original post by germangirl10
cool. i have got both the two interviews and the test on the 14th. Are u staying at the college, too?

yup.... i applied for accommodation on the 13th.... you ?
Reply 909
I got my letter from Caius yesterday, I've got three interviews on December 7th: 11:50 with Kings, 14:00 with Clare and 17:40 with Caius (where I applied). I've applied for Classics so I think it is normal to get three interviews, has anyone else got three separate Colleges interviewing them? Not sure whether Caius does not want to waste two interviews on me, or other Colleges are interested in me. Regardless, that is going to be one INTENSE day.
yup.... i applied for accommodation on the 13th.... you ?

i have applied for accommodation both on the 13th and 14th.
Reply 911
Going for my interviews next week will be my first time in Cambridge, and I know this question may seem stupid but what how do I get to Caius once I leave my train at Cambridge? Should I take a taxi or ask students to direct me?

Oh and what's the weather like at this time of year?
Reply 912
Original post by Amahia11
Going for my interviews next week will be my first time in Cambridge, and I know this question may seem stupid but what how do I get to Caius once I leave my train at Cambridge? Should I take a taxi or ask students to direct me?

Oh and what's the weather like at this time of year?

Weather: dress warmly (ie winter coat, scarf, gloves).

Will you need to check into your accommodation? (Where are they actually housing interview candidates this year?!). I'd recommend taking a taxi: from the station to Caius main site should cost about £5 or £6. It is only a 25 minute walk (see the map here: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Cambridge+railway+station&daddr=Gonville+and+Caius+College,+Cambridge&geocode=FQptHAMdThkCACnj7xPFg3DYRzHigkCsVNmUJw%3BFVCZHAMd38wBACHbNZo5cZtc6Q&hl=en&mra=pd&mrcr=0&dirflg=w&sll=51.868942,0.040178&sspn=0.76315,2.705383&ie=UTF8&ll=52.200479,0.130291&spn=0.011836,0.042272&z=15 but you'll probably have enough to think about with the interviews without worrying about navigating your way around a strange city.

Good luck!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 913
Original post by Crazy_emz
Weather: dress warmly (ie winter coat, scarf, gloves).

Will you need to check into your accommodation? (Where are they actually housing interview candidates this year?!). I'd recommend taking a taxi: from the station to Caius main site should cost about £5 or £6. It is only a 25 minute walk (see the map here: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Cambridge+railway+station&daddr=Gonville+and+Caius+College,+Cambridge&geocode=FQptHAMdThkCACnj7xPFg3DYRzHigkCsVNmUJw%3BFVCZHAMd38wBACHbNZo5cZtc6Q&hl=en&mra=pd&mrcr=0&dirflg=w&sll=51.868942,0.040178&sspn=0.76315,2.705383&ie=UTF8&ll=52.200479,0.130291&spn=0.011836,0.042272&z=15 but you'll probably have enough to think about with the interviews without worrying about navigating your way around a strange city.

Good luck!

Thanks! You're probably right, i'll take a quick taxi then. I'm not sure where i'll be accommodated (i'll ask at the plodge) but i'm definately staying for the night before my interviews. I have a map of the college showing the courts and buildings so i'll be fine in that respect. Thanks again!
good luck for everyone with interviews!!!!
Just read the rules and regulations for gonville and caius :s-smilie:
soooo... we need exeats to leave college grounds overnight
does that make us, like, grounded? everyone else gets to party in london and we dont? :frown:
does that make us, like, grounded? everyone else gets to party in london and we dont? :frown:
Reply 917
Original post by nathhsu2326

Nobody takes that one seriously :ninja:
any other caius medical applicants who screwed up their Bmat???? :s-smilie:
seriously with a score of 3.8, 5.7, 3A.... i'm expecting a letter any minute saying they dont actually wanna see me at interview
Reply 919
Hi! I' m an international candidate and I want to study engineering. I received an invitation for interview a few days ago, and according to the invitation I m going to sit a written test.
Is there any particular syllabus for that? I have started brushing up my maths..
I would appreciate if someone could upload past papers or questions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending