The Student Room Group

Oh my god, look at those grades... They look like my next mistake..

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Midnightmemories
x

Edit: dude, did you even see my comment from three days ago.:sad:

Examiner: But i've got a blank space, baby. And i'll write an A.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by a96clark
Im not trying to sound mean, but never say you can't revise due to an injury. You can, but inside you're using the injury as an excuse. Never let laziness beat you.
If its a genuine injury, I'm sorry, but this is from experience and I wouldn't want it to happen to you

It's her hand, so she can't write :redface:
Original post by Gingerbread101
It's her hand, so she can't write :redface:

She's got two hands
She's got two hands

Have you ever tried writing more than a word with your left hand if you're right handed? :lol:
Have you ever tried writing more than a word with your left hand if you're right handed? :lol:

Well, if she wants her grades she might have to

Give her a break :redface: Revision doesn't have to be constant :nah: I sometimes took a week off or so from my revision and it didn't do me any harm :smile:
Original post by Chittesh14
Linear or modular? Are you doing 2 or 3 exams at the end of year 11? In short, Edexcel A or Edexcel B?

Linear, 2 exams in June.

Im not trying to sound mean, but never say you can't revise due to an injury. You can, but inside you're using the injury as an excuse. Never let laziness beat you.
If its a genuine injury, I'm sorry, but this is from experience and I wouldn't want it to happen to you

I can't hold a pen and write with it and typing hurts a bit... :/ Stuff which has click and drag is the worse lol.
She's got two hands

I can't write left handed. Believe me.

I can't even write a word with my left hand lol.

This is true. I have to record my music GCSE pieces soon.

Give her a break :redface: Revision doesn't have to be constant :nah: I sometimes took a week off or so from my revision and it didn't do me any harm :smile:

If i could put the thumbs up emoji here then i would lol.
I can't write left handed. Believe me.

I can't even write a word with my left hand lol.

This is true. I have to record my music GCSE pieces soon.

If i could put the thumbs up emoji here then i would lol.

I'll put it for you :lol: :yy:
I'll put it for you :lol: :yy:

Yess! I can't rep you right now but if i could then i would! :P
Yess! I can't rep you right now but if i could then i would! :P

I can't you either :tongue:
I can't you either :tongue:

Damn.. :P
Linear, 2 exams in June.

That's good :smile:. So, you are doing Mathematics A (Linear) this year. I can always help you :smile:, I'm taking it in Year 10, so this June, the same time as you. Furthermore, I'm just wondering, what are your strongest & weakest subjects in GCSE Maths. Also, what is your target & current grade in GCSE Maths?
(edited 9 years ago)
Sunday update:

Not really been able to revise or so much this week due to a wrist injury. But i had a friend round and she wrote down some of the answers on a maths paper for me. (I was not going to waste the time i had with my best friend who i hadn't seen in ages doing a maths paper lol)

Hopefully my arm/hand will be better this week and i'll be able to do stuff more.
Sunday update:

Not really been able to revise or so much this week due to a wrist injury. But i had a friend round and she wrote down some of the answers on a maths paper for me. (I was not going to waste the time i had with my best friend who i hadn't seen in ages doing a maths paper lol)

Hopefully my arm/hand will be better this week and i'll be able to do stuff more.

:frown: Hope you're alright! :zomg: What happened?

And that was really sweet of your friend to help you :h:
Reply 35
Sunday update:

What happened kiddo? Just a sprain I hope

Danm, wish I had friends like that! Mine are the reason I get behind!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by I Procrastinate
Edit: dude, did you even see my comment from three days ago.:sad:

Examiner: But i've got a blank space, baby. And i'll write an A.

I saw it and i thought i replied! Oops. <3

Original post by Puddles the Monkey
:frown: Hope you're alright! :zomg: What happened?

And that was really sweet of your friend to help you :h:

I'm fine, just in pain <3 Its RSI. D: My wrists have always been iffy and now i know why lol
She's a amazing friend <3

Original post by Andy98
What happened kiddo? Just a sprain I hope

Danm, wish I had friends like that! Mine are the reason I get behind!

Posted from TSR Mobile

RSI. D:

My friends are the best. :biggrin:
That's good :smile:. So, you are doing Mathematics A (Linear) this year. I can always help you :smile:, I'm taking it in Year 10, so this June, the same time as you. Furthermore, I'm just wondering, what are your strongest & weakest subjects in GCSE Maths. Also, what is your target & current grade in GCSE Maths?

How are you allowed to take your GCSE maths in year 10. I was going to, but I was allowed because apparently its been changed and you can't because some people do it and get it an A when they could achieve an A* if they did it in yr 11. I was able to get an A* in yr 10 but it was a mock and not the actual exam because we weren't allowed.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by 4nonymous
How are you allowed to take your GCSE maths in year 10. I was going to, but I was allowed because apparently its been changed and you can't because some people do it and get it an A when they could achieve an A* if they did it in yr 11. I was able to get an A* in yr 10 but it was a mock and not the actual exam because we weren't allowed.

Well, it's a similar case with me. The reason why schools are not permitting students to take GCSE Maths in Year 10 is because everything is linear now. You take all exams at the end of year 11, and therefore if you get a grade A in Year 10, you cannot re-take it in Year 11 to get a higher grade. Re-takes will be allowed after Year 11 as normal even if you take it early. This is why people are not allowed to take GCSE Maths early. However, I had to do a mock and if I got 75+% in it, I'd be entered for early GCSE Maths & I got 81% and therefore got to do it early. I'm aiming to get A* but 90%+ and will be aiming to get it by my April Mocks in a non-calculator test :smile:. If you really prove to the school you can get A* in Year 10 they'll allow you to do it. I had to request the teacher, they don't come to you, you have to go to them!
Well, it's a similar case with me. The reason why schools are not permitting students to take GCSE Maths in Year 10 is because everything is linear now. You take all exams at the end of year 11, and therefore if you get a grade A in Year 10, you cannot re-take it in Year 11 to get a higher grade. Re-takes will be allowed after Year 11 as normal even if you take it early. This is why people are not allowed to take GCSE Maths early. However, I had to do a mock and if I got 75+% in it, I'd be entered for early GCSE Maths & I got 81% and therefore got to do it early. I'm aiming to get A* but 90%+ and will be aiming to get it by my April Mocks in a non-calculator test :smile:. If you really prove to the school you can get A* in Year 10 they'll allow you to do it. I had to request the teacher, they don't come to you, you have to go to them!

I did ask my teacher but they still said they're not allowed to let us take it early. I managed to get 192/200 in my mock exam in yr 10 but I wasn't allowed to take it early. I have to do it this yr, but I know I would have been able to get an A* in yr 10 with enough practice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending