The Student Room Group

Why do you wan kids?

I'm only 17 years old.. But I don't think I want kids and I'm struggling to understand the appeal of it all. I'm hoping my mind will change when I get a husband butttt yh

So why do you want kids?

In hoping you guys could help me change my mind about it :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Childfree#Commonly_shared_beliefs

Your reasons for not having kids are perfectly valid
Reply 2
Original post by 286001
I'm only 17 years old.. But I don't think I want kids and I'm struggling to understand the appeal of it all. I'm hoping my mind will change when I get a husband butttt yh

So why do you want kids?

In hoping you guys could help me change my mind about it :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I personally love kids. Yeah, they can be annoying, but in a hypocritical atmosphere, it feels good sometimes to be with kids. I feel much refreshed after spending some time with babies. :smile: (I mean, other kids, I don't have any of my own)
Reply 3
Original post by shawn_o1
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Childfree#Commonly_shared_beliefs

Your reasons for not having kids are perfectly valid

Yeh I agree with most of those on the list which kinda freaks me out.

What's your answer to my question? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 286001
Yeh I agree with most of those on the list which kinda freaks me out.

What's your answer to my question? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I actually don't want any, I've never been a responsible person and having kids will only make it harder for myself. So you're not alone in your thinking :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Spandy
I personally love kids. Yeah, they can be annoying, but in a hypocritical atmosphere, it feels good sometimes to be with kids. I feel much refreshed after spending some time with babies. :smile: (I mean, other kids, I don't have any of my own)

Actually I kinda agree.. It feels good to take care of them and make them happy, and they're so fun to be around!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I don't. They're a hassle and they're annoying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Some people have kids to get more respect. Some people have kids to get benefits. Some people have kids to continue on their legacy (although I don't know why that would be important).
I'd love to have kids. Reasoning hmm,
I mean I just imagine how cute would mini me and my husband(i'm just thinking my bf currently) would be.
My sister has kids between 2 to 7 and I love to play with them, but also they can be annoying but I protect them no matter what.
In general, thinking back to last week when I see children I do think aww
To an extent I feel like what's the point in living if I don't have kids when I'm older, I'm not overly fussed regarding a good career.
I want to watch my potential children grow up I don't know, I want them to have the things I never had, to an extent the freedom I didn't have. I just want to bring my children up how i'd like to be brought up.
Babies and kids are so precious. I dont know what this point is but just aww
I can just imagine how happy my parents would be when I have children, I mean I'm their baby children so their baby having babies!

Maybe all these reasons are just stupid but hey I just want kids.
When I think of kids, I think of being on the ice showing my kid how to play hockey. That would be awesome.
To continue a legacy, pass on wealth, teach them stuff.
Reply 11
they are sooo cuteee i have a bunch of names in mind how many i want etcetc call me obsessive but i cannot wait because pregnancy is amazing how life can be born from you in just 9 months

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by ha27
they are sooo cuteee i have a bunch of names in mind how many i want etcetc call me obsessive but i cannot wait because pregnancy is amazing how life can be born from you in just 9 months

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahaha me too! In case I ever decide to have children I have names too:biggrin:

But then I always think 'what's the point in having children?' I'm probably thinking like that because I still feel like a kid myself and so I feel having chat ldren will rob me of my youth. Life is just a cycle that I wouldn't want to put someone else through?

Haha maybe I'm thinking it as something deeper than it needs to be.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by 286001
Hahaha me too! In case I ever decide to have children I have names too:biggrin:

But then I always think 'what's the point in having children?' I'm probably thinking like that because I still feel like a kid myself and so I feel having chat ldren will rob me of my youth. Life is just a cycle that I wouldn't want to put someone else through?

Haha maybe I'm thinking it as something deeper than it needs to be.

Posted from TSR Mobile

no you have a valid point life is repetitive and often boring i do understand like i wake up brush go school repeat then have a technology lazy day on weekends repeat but i guess its to widen the family and carry on the name

Posted from TSR Mobile
A side effect of sex.
I think many people here misunderstand what it means to have a child. Of course, you get to play with him and stuff. But as a parent you have a 24/7 responsibility for your kid for at least 18 years but these days it's like to be far longer. Imagine being with someone that you love. Imagine arguing with that person constantly. Imagine having to constantly monitor your other half. Now imagine wanting to divorce. But you can't. You are in a 18-year relationship contract and you shall fulfil your duties until then.

It is hard to gauge your desire for kids because most of us have never been stuck with someone else for 18 years.
1) I like children and enjoy spending time with them, so I think it will be fun.

2) I have a great relationship with my mum and would like to replicate that with offspring of my own.

3) I think that procreation (done properly) is the ultimate bond between partners.

4) Thousands of years of evolution have programmed me to want to pass on my own genes.
To create mini version of me then we can do a synchronised dance

Posted from TSR Mobile
Honey you're 17. At 17 I certainly had no immediate plans to have children, nor was I broody.
In fact I wasn't even broody at 21 when I accidentally fell pregnant.
Now I'm 31 and I have four kids. Other peoples children usually irritate the hell out of me, but I love my own with every breath in my body.

You might change your mind, and that would be fine, or you might not, and that would also be fine. At 17 it's far too early to tell. If you don't change your mind though there's absolutely no reason why that should be a bad thing - everyone is different.
Reply 19
Yeah I will have kids hopefully and Op you should too or your husband will cheat on gou/leave you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending