The Student Room Group

Do I let go or keep in trying?

I met this guy online during summer in July and I thought it would be a one time conversation and that would be it. Except he carried on the conversation and we've talked almost everyday since. About 4 months into it we had talks and he opened up about falling for me and that he 'doesn't want anyone else but me'. I feel the same way.

The problem is we aren't together and haven't even met in person yet, he lives about an hour away and coincidentally the university I've chosen to go to just happens to be in his city. He's said that we can be together once I'm there but by then we would've been 'talking' for a year and 2 months with nothing coming out of it.
As well as this I know he's 'talking' to other girls and even though he's not my boyfriend I really don't like it.

I feel like I'm holding on simply because I know we could be something but I also feel like I'm clutching straws.

What should I do? ://

Posted from TSR Mobile
Meet him.
Skype or FaceTime first, if you've never met him then you're never certain of who he really is
Definitely meet in person. Meet half way between, and make sure you tell people where you are going, and keep them updated with changes in plans (just to be safe).

I think meeting in person is the way to go, ive meet guys online that ive been smitten with, and when meeting it has clicked (and one where it did). Its easy to chat on line, but meeting in person is the real test.

Pitch it to him, and if he isnt interested, youll be able to tell.
Have you visited the university? You could visit him at the same time. Or to be clear just ask him exactly what you are to each other so you can never whether or not you should move on.
Reply 5
Original post by shawn_o1
Skype or FaceTime first, if you've never met him then you're never certain of who he really is

We've facetimed and spoke on the phone but I do think in person it would be a lot more different. We click but have completely different interests so could be difficult to make conversation

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Velvetaccountant
Definitely meet in person. Meet half way between, and make sure you tell people where you are going, and keep them updated with changes in plans (just to be safe).

I think meeting in person is the way to go, ive meet guys online that ive been smitten with, and when meeting it has clicked (and one where it did). Its easy to chat on line, but meeting in person is the real test.

Pitch it to him, and if he isnt interested, youll be able to tell.

Well I was over in his town a week or so back and I did try and hint that I wanted to meet him but he just didn't catch on but I will ask him if he wants to meet up sooner

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by em211997
Have you visited the university? You could visit him at the same time. Or to be clear just ask him exactly what you are to each other so you can never whether or not you should move on.

Funnily enough I'm visiting the university this Saturday. I've always thought it's gonna be awkward to ask that but I'll try

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GGirl
We've facetimed and spoke on the phone but I do think in person it would be a lot more different. We click but have completely different interests so could be difficult to make conversation

Posted from TSR Mobile

Surely there's something both of you enjoy doing and wish to do together? (apart from sex)
Original post by GGirl
Funnily enough I'm visiting the university this Saturday. I've always thought it's gonna be awkward to ask that but I'll try

Posted from TSR Mobile

You might as well you don't have anything to lose.
Original post by GGirl
I met this guy online during summer in July and I thought it would be a one time conversation and that would be it. Except he carried on the conversation and we've talked almost everyday since. About 4 months into it we had talks and he opened up about falling for me and that he 'doesn't want anyone else but me'. I feel the same way.

The problem is we aren't together and haven't even met in person yet, he lives about an hour away and coincidentally the university I've chosen to go to just happens to be in his city. He's said that we can be together once I'm there but by then we would've been 'talking' for a year and 2 months with nothing coming out of it.
As well as this I know he's 'talking' to other girls and even though he's not my boyfriend I really don't like it.

I feel like I'm holding on simply because I know we could be something but I also feel like I'm clutching straws.

What should I do? ://

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not particularly a problem, if you're both up for it?
Reply 11
Original post by shawn_o1
Surely there's something both of you enjoy doing and wish to do together? (apart from sex)

Haha well we are both laid back so each other's company would be fine but I could just see it being dead awkward if we didn't do anything :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by em211997
You might as well you don't have anything to lose.

I suppose so, I'll do it as soon as

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GGirl
I suppose so, I'll do it as soon as

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool best of luck :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by AdamCee
Not particularly a problem, if you're both up for it?

I suppose but it's quite a long time to wait don't you think, loads could happen between now and then

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending