The Student Room Group

Should I Study Medicine in Europe?

Hi, I'm currently studying biology, geography, law , economics and world development at AS level and I intend to get AAAb. At GCSE I got 1A*, 6A's, 1B and 2C's; Maths was an A and english language was a C. I plan on taking chemistry next year as AS while I study A2. At A2 I intent to get AAA in law, biology, and geography, and an A in chemistry at AS.

I have been looking into studying medicine in the UK but it seems my C in english language and lack of chemistry at A2 is putting me at a disadvantage. I was wondering if studying medicine elsewhere in Europe is less competitive? Would I be able to study medicine without speaking the country's language? Is medicine abroad different from the UK? Will I be able to return to the UK to become a GP or am I unlikely to get a job?:smile:

(Sorry for all the questions)
Reply 1
Could anyone help?:smile:
hey guys i am a 4th year medical student in constanta romana. I just came across this website, i saw many of you guys thinking to apply for medicine in Romania and europ. ijust wanted to let u guys know if u need any advice or information i am here to help.
Reply 3
Hi @Crazyinmedicine! Can I have your email address please? I am considering applying and would like advice if possible!
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm a British student currently studying in Craiova Medical University in Romania (alongside 12 other British students in my year alone). The course here is GMC accredited meaning you can definitely come back to the UK and practice straight after graduation with no exams or anything like that.

I did my elective in Bournemouth NHS Hospital Trust last year and there are so many British doctors and dentists who graduated in Europe! It's not unheard of because the fees are cheaper and the entry requirements are lower. Your grades sound reasonable enough for you to be able to study in the EU.

Feel free to ask any questions if you have any!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending