The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

dude move on she's ****ing 14!!! she's capable of lying to you for over a year, who knows what else she's lying about

and she's only 14!!!!!
Original post by beyknowles
It would be rape! Look it up : )

Technically, it would not necessarily be rape. It would probably be an offence called 'Sexual activity with a child' under section 9 of the Sexual Offences Act 2003. There is a separate offence under section 5 of the Act which is 'Rape of a child under 13'. The key difference is that section 5 covers children under the age of 16 and s9 covers children under 13; also where the child is under 13 the defendant is guilty whether or not the defendant reasonably believed the child was of age. In addition, the maximum sentence for rape of a child is life imprisonment compared to 14 years for sexual activity with a child.
Fammm wait until she is 18 and you're 22. That's a calm ting. Once you give er the D you can always swoop into her life.
Original post by TurboCretin
No it wouldn't!

You are confusing this with sex with a child under 13, which is automatically rape.

Sexual intercourse with a person under the age of 16 regardless of whether they give consent is an offense known as statutory rape. Quote from the Crown Prosecution service website from the Sexual Offences act 2003:

In relation to many other offences there is no requirement to prove an absence of consent. Only the act itself and the age of the victim or other criteria need to be proved. They include:

rape of a child under 13

assault by penetration of a child under 13

sexual assault of a child under 13 and

inciting or causing a person to engage in sexual activity with a child under 13

child sexual offences involving children under 16

children under 18 having sexual relations with persons in a position of trust

children under 18 involved with family members over 18

persons with a mental disorder impeding choice

persons with a mental disorder who are induced threatened or deceived

persons with a mental disorder who have sexual relations with care workers

Ya see here, that there says sexual offences with children under 16.

In SCOTLAND though, according to wikipedia:

Since 1 December 2010, the age of consent in Scotland is 16, regardless of sexual orientation or gender.130131 Before that date, it was 16 for girls (under a statutory offence)132 and 14 for boys (the common law age of puberty). However, consensual sex with a girl aged between 13 and 16 is not rape, but a lesser offence; on 1 December 2010 this has been given the specific name of "having intercourse with an older child".

Still against the law, though not called rape.

Plz learn the law, I'm scared for you doing something without realising what's what.

Further reading
http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/p_to_r/rape_and_sexual_offences/consent/#a02

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Europe#United_Kingdom_.28and_dependencies.29
Original post by Anonymous
See that's the thing it's serious we met online but things escalated within a few months, she's got immature moments but was never that immature that it made me doubt her 'age' when she told me she was older by two years than to actually what she is, we had our 15 month anniversary date today and I do love her it's not lust, I'm the type of guy that is close with his parents but my personal life is my personal life and a few weeks ago I told my mum about this girl I legit love her I adore her and sometimes I'm disgusted with myself for being so in love with someone so young and I beat myself up about it and ive tried to leave her several times coz of her age but as cheesy as this sounds I'm in love with her and I can't do without her. If it was lust I wouldn't ever dare tell my mum about her

Dude, that's seriously cute.

But look at this way,when she's of legal age, there wont be no stopping you. You would be free to do whatever you guys want to do. But right now, she's only 14 and what she did was pretty stupid. I don't think, in fact i bet ya everyone thinks, that this isn't right. If you seriously love her and all then you will wait and see how everything plays out. If she's the one for you then she will wait for you too.

Don't beat yourself up; this isn't your fault.
So what if she's 14? In a few years the age gap will be nothing. It's only a 4 year age gap. Would anyone think twice about a 25 year old dating a 28 year old. A 4 year age gap is about average.

obviously don't have sex until she is a legal age.

My aunty met her husband when she was 13 and he was 17. They've been married 46 years!
Original post by Retired_Messiah
Sexual intercourse with a person under the age of 16 regardless of whether they give consent is an offense known as statutory rape. Quote from the Crown Prosecution service website from the Sexual Offences act 2003:

Ya see here, that there says sexual offences with children under 16.

In SCOTLAND though, according to wikipedia:

Still against the law, though not called rape.

Plz learn the law, I'm scared for you doing something without realising what's what.

Further reading
http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/p_to_r/rape_and_sexual_offences/consent/#a02

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Europe#United_Kingdom_.28and_dependencies.29

Thanks for your concern. I didn't say it isn't illegal, I only said that it is not rape. Compare sections 5 and 9 of the SOA 2003.
Original post by TurboCretin
Thanks for your concern. I didn't say it isn't illegal, I only said that it is not rape. Compare sections 5 and 9 of the SOA 2003.

Ahhh. You were making yourself seem more moronic than you actually are, I figured my 5 minutes of skim reading research would've been sufficient...
Original post by Friar Chris
No.

The answer is no. I don't know what the question is, but this entire situation? No.

And to all the people who think that waiting 2 years makes it 'morally' right or ok, you evidently have no idea of the psychology involved and how this will essentially train her growing mind into dependence on someone who has been playing with her immature emotions from a position of advantage (no matter how well-intended).

So much this. Excellent post.
But you still thought she was 14 when you were 16? When actually she was 12, maybe 11? That's twisted.
Original post by Retired_Messiah
Ahhh. You were making yourself seem more moronic than you actually are, I figured my 5 minutes of skim reading research would've been sufficient...

You are wrong. Look at the legal sources, rather than misreading websites. (Oh, sorry, I didn't realise you were admitting your mistake. Sorry.)

For example, the CPS website says that a child under the age of 16 cannot consent. It does not mean that a child who engages in sex under the age of 16 has been raped, but that one will be committing an offence if one has sex with a child under 16. That offence will be statutory rape viz. section 5 (under the age of 13) or sexual activity with a child viz. section 9 (under the age of 16).
(edited 9 years ago)
So me and this girl have been talking for over two years and dating for 15months when we first started talking She lied to me about her age and made me believe she was 2 years older than she actually is I didn't question it as she looked older anyway.
after nearly a year dating towards her 14th birthday I found out her real age and to be completely honest I was disgusted with myself I couldn't believe I was with her for a year so I broke up with her, I tried to forget about her and it didn't work I couldnt sleep eat or anything I can say I was and am in love with her no matter what I done I couldn't stop thinking about her so we ended up getting back together. But I want advice don't judge me trust me you can't tell me anything I haven't told myself a million times... I love her but am I doing the right thing by following my heart

She lied to you. Which is bad.

I would let this go and tell her she lied which you can't forget
Original post by Mezza362
So what if she's 14? In a few years the age gap will be nothing. It's only a 4 year age gap. Would anyone think twice about a 25 year old dating a 28 year old. A 4 year age gap is about average.

obviously don't have sex until she is a legal age.

My aunty met her husband when she was 13 and he was 17. They've been married 46 years!

Dude it's not the same thing. Ok end of.
bro are u freakin adam johnson
Lol to those who says he should wait. of course hes not gonna wait. if he was going to wait he wouldnt have gotten back with.

Dump her or accept you're going to break the law (youre going to have sex with her eventually)
Lol to those who says he should wait. of course hes not gonna wait. if he was going to wait he wouldnt have gotten back with.

Dump her or accept you're going to break the law (youre going to have sex with her eventually)

Okay, I am sorry but you didn't have to be rude and blunt about it.

People with emotions can feel hurt. If you are against it then say it nicely then being all out there like it's normal.
Original post by Stephaniecamille
You can talk to her but just wait until she's atleast 18 before you try anything because if you don't you will get a prison sentence of 14 years or so for rape. Good luck.

Age of consent in the UK is 16, not 18.

I don't see the problem in the age gap, it's the fact that she is underage that is giving me the problem. Wait for her to turn legal, and keep your dick in your pants, or you could end up being someone else's lover. In prison.
Original post by al_94
Is she developed or not? I think most are developed by 14 from what I've heard

Why does that matter? If he has sex with her it's still rape.
Good effort mate.
Original post by Drunk Punx
If you 100% discourage online relationships then the implication is that you are suggesting contrary to what you've just suggested.

So what I'm trying to say is, I can't suggest that all relationships formed online don't 'work', but I would discourage it because it's an unnatural way of meeting a love interest (IN MY OPINION), and they often fail because people are normally always different in real life to how they are online

Latest

Trending

Trending