The Student Room Group

Is it normal for a girl to want lose her virginity?

I just want to know if what I'm feeling is some what normal. I genuinely have no idea who I can talk to about this. Girls don't generally speak about sex let alone anything as in depth as this.

I'm a 19 year old female student. I've never had sex or had a boyfriend.

For months now I've wanted to be intimate with someone. I imagine myself having sex with people, is this normal? I've only ever heard of people wanting to lose their virginity on television.

I want my first time to be with someone special so I'm willing to wait. However, that wait seems to be taking forever. Sometimes I want to go out and meet a guy and just have sex.

I don't know if this is normal and what I can do to stop this, if that is even possible. I masturbate regularly and that helps. But now I feel I have a reached a point where I want to a guy to make me feel 'special'.

I think it's one thing wanting a boyfriend so you feel loved. And of course I want that however... I feel like I want a boyfriend so I can feel loved and what not but also so we can have sex. Is this a normal thought?

Some of my friends will say they want a boyfriend. However, I feel like I want a boyfriend for all the reasons they do but also because I want to have sex.

It's like... I can't wait any longer. And that's why I don't feel this is normal. Girls don't speak about these things so I feel as if I am the only one who feels this way.

Has anyone else ever felt like this?
Don't worry you are completely normal, and I imagine the vast majority of women have felt like that.
Yes you are perfectly normal honey.
Perfectly normal for a hormonal teen :biggrin: You'll find someone to share the experience with soon enough I'm sure :smile:
Reply 4
It is completely normal, but make sure you are really ready for it and do it with a person you trust.
Original post by Anonymous
I just want to know if what I'm feeling is some what normal. I genuinely have no idea who I can talk to about this. Girls don't generally speak about sex let alone anything as in depth as this.

I'm a 19 year old female student. I've never had sex or had a boyfriend.

For months now I've wanted to be intimate with someone. I imagine myself having sex with people, is this normal? I've only ever heard of people wanting to lose their virginity on television.

I want my first time to be with someone special so I'm willing to wait. However, that wait seems to be taking forever. Sometimes I want to go out and meet a guy and just have sex.

I don't know if this is normal and what I can do to stop this, if that is even possible. I masturbate regularly and that helps. But now I feel I have a reached a point where I want to a guy to make me feel 'special'.

I think it's one thing wanting a boyfriend so you feel loved. And of course I want that however... I feel like I want a boyfriend so I can feel loved and what not but also so we can have sex. Is this a normal thought?

Some of my friends will say they want a boyfriend. However, I feel like I want a boyfriend for all the reasons they do but also because I want to have sex.

It's like... I can't wait any longer. And that's why I don't feel this is normal. Girls don't speak about these things so I feel as if I am the only one who feels this way.

Has anyone else ever felt like this?

You are absolutely 100% normal!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending