The Student Room Group

Im still going though puberty at 22 and a half years old

Im finding it really hard, I am having another blood test tomorrow. I am so embarassed and I want to tell uni im struggling etc but I am ashamed to say it to anyone
Reply 1
I don't really know what to say but ink try and be helpful.

I think puberty's different for everyone and we l start/finish at different times so if you started late, then maybe that's why?

I don't know your sex, but I'm assuming you've developed somewhat already or else this'll have been noticed by family/doctors etc

you mentioned a blood test. Is this to check hormones?
Reply 2
Original post by Dust94
I don't really know what to say but ink try and be helpful.

I think puberty's different for everyone and we l start/finish at different times so if you started late, then maybe that's why?

I don't know your sex, but I'm assuming you've developed somewhat already or else this'll have been noticed by family/doctors etc

you mentioned a blood test. Is this to check hormones?

Im male and yes I have. Its just I have very minimal facial hair and body hair. I look alot younger than my age, and I have female fat distribution. It gets me down, depressed etc. I have developed somewhat yes. I dont think its normal to be still going through puberty past your teens, I think there must be a reason for me to be this way and they are trying to work out why. I guess I could just be slow or behind and catching up without a reason, but Yes I am seeing an endocrinologist at hospital

Quick Reply

Latest