The Student Room Group

Help a student nurse!!! Soooo confused!!!

Hello,

I am wondering if someone can help me. I am a student nurse due to start in sept 2015 - what finance do I need to apply for? I have read and understood about the bursary we are required to apply for but I am confused as to what to apply for to cover my maintenance? Do I apply for a maintenance loan and a student loan??

This is too much for my blonde brain :smile:

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Claire x
Original post by Clairelouise1991
Hello,

I am wondering if someone can help me. I am a student nurse due to start in sept 2015 - what finance do I need to apply for? I have read and understood about the bursary we are required to apply for but I am confused as to what to apply for to cover my maintenance? Do I apply for a maintenance loan and a student loan??

Claire x

They know you're on a nursing course, so even if you apply for both, and are only meant to get one of them, they'll sort it out right? Both is better, imo
I suppose :smile: good thinking :smile:
I suppose thank you :smile:
Hello,

Claire x

Hi Claire,

Hope you're looking forward to starting! You only apply for a maintenance loan, although this is capped due to receiving NHS funding. Don't worry about the tuition fees at all :smile:

Hope that helps, and feel free to ask anymore questions!

Best of luck
Joel
Reply 5
Hello,

Claire x

Apply to Student Finance England/Scotland/Wales for the maintainence loan.

Apply to NHS Bursaries for your bursary and to ensure they cover your tuition fees.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I am also confused because it asks where I will be spending most of my academic year in each term. I don't know whether to pick UK Placement or University as nurses go on a lot of placements.. can anyone help?
Hiya
I always put university and ive never had a problem x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jazshadows
Hi, I am also confused because it asks where I will be spending most of my academic year in each term. I don't know whether to pick UK Placement or University as nurses go on a lot of placements.. can anyone help?

Hi, I know you asked this a while ago, but just thought I'd answer for you, just in case! You put at university, as the option for placements is only for if you're going on six month to a year long placements :smile: Also, if you put placement, you have to know details of them, which we obviously don't have yet. Hope I helped!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending