The Student Room Group

Previous study nursing funding

Hi,

Was just wondering if I could get some guidance as I wanted to check if SFE have got something wrong.

I have previous study (3 years) but didn’t receive a degree

A few years later I applied and got into a nursing degree course.
I got full financing for years 1&2 and have received a full maintenance loan for year 3. However I have been told I’m not eligible for tuition fees for year 3.

When I reached out to student finance at the start I was told that I’d be eligible for full funding (fees and maintenance) despite the previous study as it is a pre reg nursing course and I hold no previous professional registration. I’m quite confused how I would’ve been eligible for full maintenance but not tuition

I’m having trouble finding out why or explaining the situation when contacting them

Any help appreciated
Original post by Chloe21194
Hi,

Was just wondering if I could get some guidance as I wanted to check if SFE have got something wrong.

I have previous study (3 years) but didn’t receive a degree

A few years later I applied and got into a nursing degree course.
I got full financing for years 1&2 and have received a full maintenance loan for year 3. However I have been told I’m not eligible for tuition fees for year 3.

When I reached out to student finance at the start I was told that I’d be eligible for full funding (fees and maintenance) despite the previous study as it is a pre reg nursing course and I hold no previous professional registration. I’m quite confused how I would’ve been eligible for full maintenance but not tuition

I’m having trouble finding out why or explaining the situation when contacting them

Any help appreciated

Hi Chloe,

Nursing course are exempt from previous study rules. If you contact us on 0300 100 0607 or via the live chat in your account we'll look into this for you and help you get this resolved. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending