The Student Room Group

Please could somebody help me with ucas extra!

Please could someone help me with ucas extra!

I applied for 1 course on ucas, received an offer, then declined it. How do I apply for 4 more choices, or join Extra! There isn't an option to do either on my Track! :frown:

Thank you xx
(edited 8 years ago)
Please can someone help :frown: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HygieneTherapy15
Please could someone help me wih ucas extra!

I applied for 1 course on ucas, received an offer, then declined it. How do I apply for 4 more choices, or join Extra! There isn't an option to do either on Track! :frown:

Thank you xx

To apply for four more courses, you will have to pay the increased fee, since you only paid for one choice originally. If your track isn't up to date with the declining of your offer, Extra won't be available to you until it is. If it already is, then call Ucas and talk to them.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
To apply for four more courses, you will have to pay the increased fee, since you only paid for one choice originally. If your track isn't up to date with the declining of your offer, Extra won't be available to you until it is. If it already is, then call Ucas and talk to them.

Thank you for your reply! Do you know roughly how long UCAS takes to update changes? And when it does update will I be able to add 4 more choices or be in extra? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HygieneTherapy15
Thank you for your reply! Do you know roughly how long UCAS takes to update changes? And when it does update will I be able to add 4 more choices or be in extra? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

It depends on a lot of things, such as when the university sends them information and how they have uploaded things in batches. From what I can recall, you should be automatically offered Extra once you are holding no offers. I can't recall whereabouts the option for paying for more choices is located, so unless you can find it on the Ucas website, which does usually have the answers to most questions, even if they are a bit hidden sometimes, then I suggest calling Ucas in the morning. It'll sort things out for you once and for all.
https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/track-your-application/extra-choices
https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/track-your-application/making-changes
(edited 8 years ago)
From what I understand from the website, you may have to pay extra to add more choices if you originally only applied with one choice. Although it doesn't say how to do that. But you don't need to do it through Extra, as that's only for people who have used all five choices.
Original post by sarahwitkowski
From what I understand from the website, you may have to pay extra to add more choices if you originally only applied with one choice. Although it doesn't say how to do that. But you don't need to do it through Extra, as that's only for people who have used all five choices.

Thank you for your reply :smile: do you know how I can add more choices? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest