The Student Room Group

New to the Pill, issues.

I started the pill last night and last night about an hour after i took it i started to get belly cramps, like i do when i'm about to start my period. I finished my period a week ago so this is impossible. Today my vagina has felt weird all day. It sort of feels like it's tensed up all the time and that there's a lot of pressure on it. Is this normal?
Reply 1
Original post by daisy1231
I started the pill last night and last night about an hour after i took it i started to get belly cramps, like i do when i'm about to start my period. I finished my period a week ago so this is impossible. Today my vagina has felt weird all day. It sort of feels like it's tensed up all the time and that there's a lot of pressure on it. Is this normal?

If you don't mind me asking, are you referring to the "Morning-After" pill?
Reply 2
Original post by toots
If you don't mind me asking, are you referring to the "Morning-After" pill?

No, the contraceptive pill.
Reply 3
Original post by daisy1231

It's normal for your body to go through changes when you start the pill. After all, it's almost controlling your body! Get through it for now, and if it goes away then you should be fine to carry on with it. However, if you keep feeling pain and weird sensations, then you probably need to either get it checked out, or change your pill. You haven't really been on it for long enough to work out what this is, as it's probably connected to you starting the pill! Try not to worry too much, it will most likely go away.
Reply 4
Thank you :smile: I know it's too early to tell its just a strange feeling :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending