The Student Room Group

Btec Applied Science level 3 HELP PLEASE!!!

Hello all
Im a retake student in year 12, who changed courses and is currently doing btec applied science extended diploma and also A level chemistry. With time flying and drafting personal statements nearing closer I was wondering what you think of these courses and the likelihood of getting accepted:
Audiology
Optometry
Dental Hygiene
Pharmacy
Many thanks
ALL universities recongnise and most accept will BTEC Science. You will need to research what uni your wanting to go to. It will say if they accept BTEC or not, if they don't they will look at your other A-Levels and offer you another course or let you do a foundation year.
Reply 2
Original post by moneymania999
Hello all
Im a retake student in year 12, who changed courses and is currently doing btec applied science extended diploma and also A level chemistry. With time flying and drafting personal statements nearing closer I was wondering what you think of these courses and the likelihood of getting accepted:
Audiology
Optometry
Dental Hygiene
Pharmacy
Many thanks

You should be able to get onto those courses, its good that you are also doing Chemistry because thats what you need (in addition to the Extended diploma) to get into Pharmacy
Audiology
Optometry
Dental Hygiene
Pharmacy

With the A level chemistry - Pharmacy, but you may require at least a grade B in the Pharmacy.

Dental Hygiene - should be fine.

Audiology/Optometry - in theory yes, but Universities are often now asking for A level physics for this with the BTEC.

All of the above will require work experience and a good understanding of the profession so you will need to get some experience to draw on in your personal statement.

In addition, you may also have requirements for certain grades in at GCSE - e.g B's in Science or B's in English/Maths.
how do I get experience?

is there any website or something. I dont know how to get experience and I am still undecided on exactly which course to do. i am studying the same course as you along with as pysics and chemistry retake.
Original post by 08.f.poswal
how do I get experience?

is there any website or something. I dont know how to get experience and I am still undecided on exactly which course to do. i am studying the same course as you along with as pysics and chemistry retake.

Do you have friends/family that work in the field? Even distant contacts - ask your parents to ask around.... This is the BEST way if you can as people are more likely to allow you to observe if it is 'favour' for someone they know.

Contact local professionals - explain your situation and ask - if you don't ask you don't get! You are looking to get an understanding of the profession to support a University application.

You may be able to get paid work experience depending on the profession. Look at job websites - take your CV around relevant places.

Ask at your school/college to see if they have a work experience coordinator - alot of places will - they can help you.
Original post by physio_sparkly
Do you have friends/family that work in the field? Even distant contacts - ask your parents to ask around.... This is the BEST way if you can as people are more likely to allow you to observe if it is 'favour' for someone they know.

Contact local professionals - explain your situation and ask - if you don't ask you don't get! You are looking to get an understanding of the profession to support a University application.

You may be able to get paid work experience depending on the profession. Look at job websites - take your CV around relevant places.

Ask at your school/college to see if they have a work experience coordinator - alot of places will - they can help you.

Thanx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending