The Student Room Group

Tinder to Snapchat

So I use Tinder, like a lot of people, to find new people to talk to and to look for potential relationships/friendships.

As I am a boy, it is seen that a lot of the responsibility relies on me to start and continue the conversation with the girl. This goes well while talking on Tinder, but then when the conversation changes to another form of talking such as Snapchat, Whatsapp/texting etc. it's hard to carry on the conversation.

Is there any way I can change this and carry on having better conversations?
There is this amazing app called real life you could try?
Original post by Anonymous

'Would you like to go for something to eat or grab a drink sometime?'

You meet up and then talk face to face. Incredible, isn't it?
Check this website. It has all you need to know... http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Social+Skills
Don't listen to these jerks.
I say if talking to girls is hard then just stop doing it. Why stress yourself out? I'm sure you have other problems like whether to play 12 or 13 hours of video games, or what PHub category to choose from. (Babes or Blonds?!?! So hard!)

Who needs real life interaction anyway????
Reply 5
I'll be honest, the type of person who uses Tinder is probably more interested in a physical interaction more than a social one.
Original post by Anonymous
So I use Tinder, like a lot of people, to find new people to talk to and to look for potential relationships/friendships.

As I am a boy, it is seen that a lot of the responsibility relies on me to start and continue the conversation with the girl. This goes well while talking on Tinder, but then when the conversation changes to another form of talking such as Snapchat, Whatsapp/texting etc. it's hard to carry on the conversation.

Don't listen to the others that put you down for using apps, at the end of the day you get to make the call on whether you like someone get on with them/have things in common.
I know how difficult it can be to be that spontaneous in a bar to pick someone up or even in a supermarket/street where you have even less info compared to Tinder!! And unlike IRL, it's acceptable to be forwards and make the introduction/intentions known on Tinder within a short period of time.
Granted a lot of people will be using Tinder for a short term pleasure, but you'll be surprised at the people you do match and get on with regardless of whether their motives are sexual/platonic.
It is a numbers game unfortunately, those that fizzled out - their interest levels just didn't match your interest in them. You just have to accept that if they were interested, they would reciprocate the interest in asking q/messaging back/seeing what you're up to.
Also on Tinder there is the pressure to eventually meet up, as the girl will have a lot of interest you also have to keep their interest and let them know you're interested by asking them out for a coffee/chat. It goes first goal is the match, second goal is a number, third goal is a meeting and usually happens within a few days.
The more you chat/learn about them on a app platform the more likely it seems to them that you won't ask them out because you're essentially killing conversation topics you could have IRL. If you are wanting to get to know these people, only use your phone to arrange time/place to meet.
A girl will get bored/frustrated that you're just keen on talking and don't ask to meet. You could be a catfish at the end of the day and that would be creepy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending