The Student Room Group

Insurance choice help?

Hello! I have decided on my firm choice. However, for my insurance, i really would like to choose a university that i haven't applied too. Is there any way of applying to that uni now to be my insurance? I was thinking about just waiting till results day and if i don't make my firm offer, trying to go through clearing to get into the uni i want as my insurance. Would this be possible?
Thanks!
a) No, you can't add a uni just for your insurance at this stage (if you've used all five choices that is - not too sure about what can happen if you haven't filled all the slots yet)
b) Insurance choices are optional. If you're willing to take the risk of seeing if your insurance choice is in Clearing, you can opt to only choose a firm now and try your luck in Clearing.
Reply 2
Original post by loperdoper
a) No, you can't add a uni just for your insurance at this stage (if you've used all five choices that is - not too sure about what can happen if you haven't filled all the slots yet)
b) Insurance choices are optional. If you're willing to take the risk of seeing if your insurance choice is in Clearing, you can opt to only choose a firm now and try your luck in Clearing.

If i insure one of my other offers at the moment, and during clearing the uni that i do want to go to becomes available, is it possible to cancel my previous insurance choice and go for the other?
Im doing a BTEC so i'll know what results i have at the end of June and then they'll be confirmed in July so i should be able to get in before a-level students..
Original post by Chlowah
If i insure one of my other offers at the moment, and during clearing the uni that i do want to go to becomes available, is it possible to cancel my previous insurance choice and go for the other?
Im doing a BTEC so i'll know what results i have at the end of June and then they'll be confirmed in July so i should be able to get in before a-level students..

If you want to go through clearing at that stage, and you get into your firm choice, you'll have to tell them to release you so you can go through clearing but you won't have any kind of backup. That's if you don't want to go to your firm choice uni.
Original post by Chlowah

You are able to ask your insurance to release you, however universities will not see you as a priority and it may take a few weeks (although with your situation this may possibly still mean you're able to be released in time for the opening of Clearing)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending