The Student Room Group

Oxford Brookes Primary PGCE 2015/2016

Scroll to see replies

Not much info really, I read a little on PIP but I will probably read it all properly this evening. If I find out I will let you know :smile:
Thanks. I had a phone call from them to say one of my e-mails bounced, but they haven't re-sent it so I wasn't sure if I was missing some info.

What's your route into the PGCE been like? 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah they said they were having trouble with emails.
I finished uni last year and this year I lived in Italy teaching English. I literally arrived back a few days ago so now trying to re-adjust to English life. And remembering which way to look before I cross the road haha.

So you are living in accommodation, do you live far from Oxford?
That sounds fab! I got offered a job doing the same in Italy while I was working at a language school this summer and I was tempted!

Yeah, Leicestershire is home and I went to Uni at Leicester as well so I want a change. What about you?
Hi, I'm Sami and I'm going to be starting on the 5-11 PGCE in September too! I'm from Aylesbury but I'm going to be living in Westminster Halls.. I'm so excited to start the course and meet everyone!
Ahh Italy is so beautiful! I would happily live there forever!
I'm from Birmingham, which I really dislike but so excited to live in Oxford.

Also I made a Facebook group if anyone wants to join? I already added you Sami and Charlotte :smile:

Oxford Brookes University PGCE 2015/16
Italy is pretty high on my list of places to visit. Yeah me too, I spent a couple of days in Oxford over the summer with work and it definitely trumps Leicester, which is pretty grim.

I can't find the Facebook group, but I think I have found and added you (at least there is only one Coleen Broderick), if you don't mind. :smile:
Sami have you had your flat number through?
Original post by simonlamming
Sami have you had your flat number through?

Yeah I have! I'm L1E :smile: have you had yours through yet?
Hi, I'm Chris, I'm starting the Primary 5-11 too, currently going through ALL the prep-work. God there is a quite a lot!
Original post by Morganite4
Hi, I'm Chris, I'm starting the Primary 5-11 too, currently going through ALL the prep-work. God there is a quite a lot!

Hey! Do you have Facebook?
If so we have a small group going: Oxford Brookes university PGCE 2015/16
Are you living on site?
Original post by ColeenBroderick
Hey! Do you have Facebook?
If so we have a small group going: Oxford Brookes university PGCE 2015/16
Are you living on site?

Hi, Yeah I have facebook, I'm sure I can find one you all :smile:

Yes, I'm moving to Westminster Halls, trying to remember where I saw my room number?
Hi everyone, I'm Abi! I'm also doing primary pgce (5-11) in September and moving into Westminster halls! I'm so nervous about starting, how is everyone else about it?

I've tried looking for the Facebook page but cannot find it, is there any link or anyway some could add me to it?
:biggrin:
Original post by abigailshaw93
Hi everyone, I'm Abi! I'm also doing primary pgce (5-11) in September and moving into Westminster halls! I'm so nervous about starting, how is everyone else about it?

I've tried looking for the Facebook page but cannot find it, is there any link or anyway some could add me to it?
:biggrin:

Hey :smile: try adding me on Facebook ( Coleen Broderick) and then I'll add you to the group 😊

I am pretty nervous since everyone I spoke to has been like say goodbye to your friends and family now. But I am sure if we're organised it will all be fine!
Which flat are you in?
Original post by ColeenBroderick
Hey :smile: try adding me on Facebook ( Coleen Broderick) and then I'll add you to the group 😊

I am pretty nervous since everyone I spoke to has been like say goodbye to your friends and family now. But I am sure if we're organised it will all be fine!
Which flat are you in?

Ah thank you for adding me to the group, I've been trying to find one for ages!

Yes, everyone has told me the same :frown: Yeah I'm sure once a few weeks have gone by and we keep on top of things, we will get used to it.

I'm in a studio flat so I'm really worried i'll move in and not meet anyone, but it's in the PGCE block so hopefully be near to everyone!
Original post by abigailshaw93
Ah thank you for adding me to the group, I've been trying to find one for ages!

Yes, everyone has told me the same :frown: Yeah I'm sure once a few weeks have gone by and we keep on top of things, we will get used to it.

I'm in a studio flat so I'm really worried i'll move in and not meet anyone, but it's in the PGCE block so hopefully be near to everyone!

ah i wouldnt worry im sure we will all arrange something to meet everyone and now that you are on the facebook page we know you exist 😉
Thanks for accepting my request for the Facebook group Coleen! I'm a little worried about meeting people too as I'm commuting from home (Aylesbury) but I'm excited to start!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha yes, it would be great to arrange something during the first week to meet everyone! I'm sure we'll meet in lectures too Yasmin :biggrin: Does anyone know if lectures start on the Monday? or is it a week of inductions? :smile:
Hello everyone!
I'm also doing the primary PGCE 3-7 at brookes in September! Would someone mind adding me on facebook so that I can join the group? I've been looking for one but couldn't find it! My names Caoimhe Costello and I should be the first person that comes up (pic is of 6 girls).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending