The Student Room Group

Taking alcohol to Duke of Edinburgh??

mm
(edited 7 years ago)
How old are you:P?
I d say generally not worth the risk especially since you d be hiking the next day but your choice
[QUOTE=claireestelle;563
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
If it's like when I did my Bronze D of E, then you'll have teachers checking up on you fairly regularly, as well as a full kit check before you start (i.e. looking at EVERYTHING you have in your bag).

Is it really worth the risks (disqualification, your parents having to drive miles to collect you from wherever you're doing your expedition, potential suspension from school)??

Add that to the fact that you'll be expected to start walking at around 8:00 the following morning, and will have to pack away all your tents and stuff, I'd say that it's pretty pointless. Add that to the fact that it'll be quite heavy to carry.

Most people are able to have a good time on D of E without booze.
Original post by student_2902
15, but it's not exactly the first time I've been drunk haha

definitely not the best idea then, if your teachers catch you they ll think you weren't taking it seriously so might consider not passing you, but since your teachers are there i presume its the practice walk.
If it's like when I did my Bronze D of E, then you'll have teachers checking up on you fairly regularly, as well as a full kit check before you start (i.e. looking at EVERYTHING you have in your bag).

Is it really worth the risks (disqualification, your parents having to drive miles to collect you from wherever you're doing your
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by claireestelle
definitely not the best idea then, if your teachers catch you they ll think you weren't taking it seriously so might consider not passing you, but since your teachers are there i presume its th
(edited 7 years ago)
Yh, I think we'll lay off the Vodka just in case
My friend wanted to drop MD but we all thought that was a bit too far as we could get in SERIOUS trouble

What is wrong with some people, why blow your chance at the award by taking drugs on the night?
Original post by Grantland
What is wrong with some people, why blow your chance at the award b
(edited 7 years ago)
She just thought it would be cool to do it in the woods as none of us have ever dropped in that kind of environment. I can't begin to imagine the **** we'd be in if we got caught though :// way too risky

Precisely my thinking. That's just a recipe for disaster.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending