The Student Room Group

Pharmacy Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hattie28
I got an offer too, congrats!!

Thanks! Well done to you as well X
Reply 1581
Hey guys!

I have two more interviews left from Reading and LJMU.. it would be great if you could let me know what questions they asked and what I should prepare! Also for LJMU what was the aptitude test like???

Thank you! :smile:
Original post by Rhi23
Hey guys!

I have two more interviews left from Reading and LJMU.. it would be great if you could let me know what questions they asked and what I should prepare! Also for LJMU what was the aptitude test like???

Thank you! :smile:

Hey! For LJMU the interview was very relaxed and it went very quickly . They only asked my group why LJMU? and why pharmacy? It was more like a casual conversation. I didn't think I did well in the aptitude test but I got an offer today. You can't really do much to prepare, I don't do A level maths and I was fine with the questions. If you have any other questions let me know x
Original post by Medway School of Pharmacy
Good afternoon,

Congratulations.
The day is pretty informal. You will have a 15 minute interview and a 30 minute test - the test will involve basic maths questions and values-based questions (more info here).

There will be student ambassadors on campus throughout the day. They will give tours and their views on what student-life is like here, hopefully to give you a realistic view of what to expect.

I wish you the best of luck,

Sammi

Is the interview for the whole day or?
Original post by nicoleemmak
Maybe they just haven't got round to calling you yet, they interviewed so many people last week. I really wouldn't worry x

Yasss got the offer today!!! xxx
Original post by JhusJane
Yasss got the offer today!!! xxx

Well done!!!
Original post by chichiomezi
Is the interview for the whole day or?

The interview lasts approximately 15 minutes, and there is 30 minutes set aside for the test. The rest of the day serves the purpose of an "open day". So there will be tours, talks, chances to meet students, staff and academics.
when did you send your UCAS off and what are your predicted grades if you don't mind me asking?
Guyss need some opinions... stuck on my firms and insurances...

Manchester/Nottingham as firm??? which would you say is better? :/ I like them both tbh aha :/

Aston/Reading as insurance....stuck between them as well :/ :/

Any say would be greatly appreciated...I've looked at the stats too but still unsure :/
Guyss need some opinions... stuck on my firms and insurances...

Manchester/Nottingham as firm??? which would you say is better? :/ I like them both tbh aha :/

Aston/Reading as insurance....stuck between them as well :/ :/

Any say would be greatly appreciated...I've looked at the stats too but still unsure :/

Nottingham and Manchester are both equally credible - you'd get a good experience in either and both have good graduate prospects. I guess if you're stuck choose the place you'd most likely like to live for 4 years.

Reading is probably easier to get into if you do miss your grades. Aston has a better reputation for Pharmacy
Reply 1591
What's the Reading interview like? What questions do they ask? And is their a maths and chemistry test?
Has anyone from notts interview dec 15th..group B had a phone call??? :/

Hey yeah I had a call saying I've got an offer and it said so on UCAS track today, but if you've not heard anything don't Worry it may just be taking them ages to actually ring everyone
Nottingham or bath as firm, Portsmouth or keele as insurance? Need people oppinions
Original post by Sarah12344466
Hey yeah I had a call saying I've got an offer and it said so on UCAS track today, but if you've not heard anything don't Worry it may just be taking them ages to actually ring everyone

Yeah its funny...i got an offer too and an email from them too to confirm and all that and the ucas email too....but had no phone call...
(edited 8 years ago)
Nottingham or bath as firm, Portsmouth or keele as insurance? Need people oppinions

Bath > Nottingham > Keele >>>>>>>>>>>> Portsmouth.

Just my opinion.

Notts>Bath
got an offer from LJMU and was just wondering why it's for 300 UCAS points? I thought they wanted ABB not BBB:s-smilie: it's not going to be one of my choices but just confused why it's so low haha!
Reply 1598
Original post by xmaspjs
got an offer from LJMU and was just wondering why it's for 300 UCAS points? I thought they wanted ABB not BBB:s-smilie: it's not going to be one of my choices but just confused why it's so low haha!

No they want BBB, at my interview when the guy was doing the presentation he said to our group that he told the group before us that ljmu's standard offer is ABB, he said he made a mistake lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys if you had a choice - would you firm Aston or Birmingham? Which is better?! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending