The Student Room Group

Reported to exam board

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nigel Farage MEP
This may be accurate but it will terrify the original poster who is already nervous of the outcome of his mistake. I do not have facts to back up my claim but most of these penalties would be for things such as having revision notes on you, continuing to write after the exam has ended, cheating, and signalling to another student.

Or if you have your phone on you
Original post by sandvika
Or if you have your phone on you

Having a phone in your pocket is different to having notes in your pencil case and claims it will definitely result in penalisation is scaremongering. The school's exam officer will make a report saying whether the phone was turned on or off, how far into the exam it occurred, and if there were revision notes saved on the phone. The most likely outcome is an official written warning with action promised if the event occurs again in future during another exam.
Original post by Isbahcampbell
If you do get disqualified, all your other exams with that same exam board will be disqualified too

That's generally not the case. A complete ban is very unusual and highly unlikely in this case.
Reply 23
I've just sent an email to my head of year so hopefully he will be able to help me or at least tell me what will happen..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by adam_almond
I've just sent an email to my head of year so hopefully he will be able to help me or at least tell me what will happen..

You were right to hand it in; if it had been discovered later the penalty would be much worse.

Good luck :smile:
Original post by adam_almond

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hoping for the best!
Reply 26
you should have just put it on silent and left it, i've had my phone in exams before, when i was young, immature and thought it was cool. Unless they search you then who will know
Reply 27
If you do get disqualified, all your other exams with that same exam board will be disqualified too so hopefully not :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good confidence boosting input there... :P
Original post by JD8897
Good confidence boosting input there... :P

Don't be sarcastic....I don't need to boost your confident because you made a stupid mistake lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Don't be sarcastic....I don't need to boost your confident because you made a stupid mistake lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is it really necessary to be that harsh abou this, everyone makes mistakes.
Reply 30
LOL pessimism lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Negativity forever
Reply 31

Posted from TSR Mobile

It wasnt me! I'm not that stupid haha
This may be accurate but it will terrify the original poster who is already nervous of the outcome of his mistake. I do not have facts to back up my claim but most of these penalties would be for things such as having revision notes on you, continuing to write after the exam has ended, cheating, and signalling to another student.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I continued writing for about 10 seconds after my exam had finished today and had to be told by the head invigilator to stop. Is there any chance I may be penalised for this despite the fact I was just finishing my sentence?
Last year in my media exam someone's phone kept ringing and eventually he stood up walked to the front put his phone in the box and sat back down but nothing ever happened after it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by joddcfc
Sorry to hijack this thread, but I continued writing for about 10 seconds after my exam had finished today and had to be told by the head invigilator to stop. Is there any chance I may be penalised for this despite the fact I was just finishing my sentence?

Why didn't you just stop? Last year this happened and the student's last sentence was deleted and the rest of the paper marked.
Original post by Muttley79
Why didn't you just stop? Last year this happened and the student's last sentence was deleted and the rest of the paper marked.

I just wanted to finish the sentence and not finish half way through with no full stop or one randomly put there just in case I lost a QWC mark. I guess examiners deleting the last sentence is a fair punishment. Cheers :smile:
Original post by Muttley79

Original post by joddcfc
I just wanted to finish the sentence and not finish half way through with no full stop or one randomly put there just in case I lost a QWC mark. I guess examiners deleting the last sentence is a fair punishment. Cheers :smile:

Original post by joddcfc

Hello I'm hijacking too, do they tell you about this or do they like write your name down and send it off as a complaint without you knowing?
Original post by joddcfc

It would be dependent on the leniency of the invigilator as it is up to the invigilator to report a candidate to the exam board.
(edited 8 years ago)
It would be dependent on the leniency of the invigilator as it is up to the invigilator to report a candidate to the exam board.

Okay, thanks :smile:
Rules States no phones in exam halls so that's one rule broken but I think it would be harsh to disqualify.

Shouldn't have volunteered to give it up if it was off

Quick Reply

Latest